slug.com slug.com
2 1

Brad Pitt says he "wasn't really" an atheist and that he used the term to be "rebellious."

Odd, if you lack belief in any gods, you're an atheist. Maybe you don't want to call yourself an atheist, but you're still an atheist. Absent good reasons to believe any gods exist, you're an atheist.

--

From the article:

"Oh, man, I've gone through everything. Like, I cling to religion. I grew up with Christianity. Always questioned it, but it worked at times. And then when I got on my own, I completely left it and I called myself agnostic. Tried a few spiritual things but didn't feel right. Then I called myself an atheist for a while, just kind of being rebellious. I wasn't really. But I kinda labeled myself that for a while. It felt punk rock enough. And then I found myself coming back around to just belief in—I hate to use the word spirituality, but just a belief in that we're all connected.”

[gq.com]

atheistsliberty 7 Sep 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Post a comment Author doesn't reply Reply Author doesn't reply Add Photo

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Two face!

Well... keep in mind it's Brad Pitt we're talking about, always thought he was rather flaky.