slug.com slug.com
3 0

LINK Judeo-Christian Morality and Societal Health by Laura Hollis

@atheistsliberty I have asked this before, but never really got an answer. I am genuinely curious. How do you handle opinions like the one here from Townhall? How do you manage being Conservatives amid an ideology where you aren't a true Conservative, or even a true American, unless you are a devout Christian (or sometimes Jew)? How do you try to fight for recognition among a party who uses the term "godless" as an insult to their opposition?

JacksonNought 8 Apr 1
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Looks like the host for this group had vacated the site, Jackson.

Yeah not really surprising. They would randomly post an article, but never respond to any comments. Typical I guess. Still curious about my question among other Conservative / Republican Atheists.

@JacksonNought Meant to ask, did you see my recent post in the Satanist group?

@SpikeTalon not sure I did, I will take a look.

Not downplaying examples like the one above, but personally speaking over the years it has been Democrats who have condemned my views on the matter far more than Republicans. All of my immediate family members are diehard Democrats, and extremely religious too. In comparison, the few I'm friends with who are Republican are largely unbothered by me being non-religious. Both major US political parties are influenced by religion. Ever notice how Democrats seem to show no interest in doing away with the National Day of Prayer?

Interesting perspective. Of course I have the exact opposite experience, but anecdotal evidence doesn't account for much.

@JacksonNought Point taken, but then I'd say that could apply to both sides of that issue. Religion isn't unique to only the political right.

@JacksonNought interestingly enough, I'm the only one in my family who identifies as pro choice regarding reproductive rights, and I am far more right-leaning overall than they are.

A better question for our time is why are people so concerned about old religions when the new one of wokeness is evolving right in front of their noses.

People live in the abstraction of culture. Although it has physical artifacts culture is about abstract ideas. One of those abstractions is reasons. The blind clock maker has no reasons but in the artificial state of civilizations people have evolved the need for reasons. Some of those reasons come from religion. It's a mistake to think that religion evolved to meet spiritual needs, although that is a matter of defining spiritual, religion is primarily a way to organize society. Take it away and something will replace it. Something that has reasons in a universe that doesn't have reasons.

Recent Visitors 4

Photos 20 More

Posted by SpikeTalonMencken had the right idea.

Posted by SpikeTalonThought the members in this group might find this one humorous.

Posted by SpikeTalonApplies to politics as well.

Posted by SpikeTalonThat really grinds my gears, lol.

Posted by SpikeTalonThere really was a 'War on Christmas'... and it came from Christian fundamentalists, and not liberals- [alternet.org]

Posted by Godless[youtu.be] Darth Dawkins debate with @TJump Tom Jump in the Politics server on Discord Godless Girl Linktree: [linktr.ee] Godless Discord Server: [discord.gg]

Posted by SpikeTalonChurch & State. They deserve each other.

Posted by SpikeTalonThis raised a valid point, and your actions speak louder than words.

Posted by SpikeTalonNature timespiral: The evolution of Earth from the Big Bang- [visualcapitalist.com]

Posted by JPBradtHello Atheists for Liberty, Thank you for letting me be a part of this community, I look forward to interesting times.

Posted by SpikeTalonIn absence of this group's original host, looks like I got transferred to host role.

Posted by SpikeTalonGood one from Orwell.

Posted by SpikeTalonEspecially true these days.

Posted by KrunoslavWith all do respect, "Atheists for liberty" is an oxymoron.

Posted by SpikeTalonAttention all you non-believers, Darth Vader finds your lack of faith disturbing. May the Fourth be with you!

Posted by TonyOdargUK Supreme Court Rules Uber Drivers are Employees Entitled to Basic Workers Protections – Tony Odarg – The White Gentleman

• Top tags#video #god #Atheist #government #freedom #world #Christian #religion #rights #politics #community #liberty #book #liberal #Libertarian #liberals #RichardDawkins #godless #Flu #church #censorship #Republican #conservatives #Catholic #evil #religious #hello #Coins #truth #culture #created #children #sleep #Glock #crimes #biology #evolutionary #Christmas #military #retirement #Bible #agnostic #Millennials #progressive #soul #CriticalThinking #kids #teach #Trudeau #scientific ...

Members 70Top