slug.com slug.com
48 5

Why do young women consider unwanted comments about their appearance as sexual harassment compared to older women?

This is due to...

• 5 votes
  • 34 votes
  • 67 votes
Charter 6 Jan 23
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

48 comments (26 - 48)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Younger women have been trained to take offense. Any male that leers in your direction is a "pervert". Rape prevention training, all males are potential rapists.

Ignatz Level 6 July 5, 2021

Females are brought up to be so insecure, they've got to ask; "do I look alright in this?" because they themselves really don't think they do, otherwise why ask in the first place!
Girls, you should be able to look in the mirror, and say to yourself, yuk, I look terrible in this, and go and change into something you feel you look better in.
IMAGINE how I felt at the Hilton in Sydney when I walked across the floor with my friends, and everybody in the place was staring at Me, pointing and laughing. I sat down, asking my friends, why are they all looking at me?! Just showed me how much my friends noticed, anything! I later got up to go to the ladies, and the people started again, pointing and laughing, it wasn't until returning to where my friends were sitting as I walked past those pointing and laughing did I realise what it was all to do with, as I watched where I walked as I started to feel a bit wobbly, not from alcohol as I don't drink, but from all the attention me being such a shrinking violet, didn't I notice, I was actually wearing the carpet!! I could not believe that my Winter slack suit was identical in colour and markings as the Hilton Hotel's carpet, one of the most expensive and well known places in the world, I mean really, you couldn't see where the carpet started and I ended, it was incredible! How did I not notice it when I first walked in, but what was worse was my friends didn't even notice that I looked like I was wearing the carpet, ha ha ha. Lol, I guess the joke was on me, or was it on the carpet? So, why bother asking anyone, do I look alright in this, as they're not really looking, and will only lie to you anyway!
As I always say, we can't see for looking.
I wish Everyone well.

Good story.

Virtue Signaling Attention Seeking Teens- on their way to victim hood.

Is virtue signaling a substitute for exhibitionism in human females?

If the female hierarchy is largely based on signs of fertility then when fertility is no longer valued do the instincts manifest in a different way?

Young women get sick of the comments, older woman wish they were still receiving comments 🤣😅😂😇

I love NOT getting weird-ass, unsolicited comments about my body now lol. Too many years of being cornered at bus stops and stairwells at work and coffee shops and bars whenever I was alone. I wish more women would be happy not getting those comments as we get older, especially when we didn't want them to begin with!

Now I just get butthurt if people say my baked goods don't taste as good as I know they do. XD

Imo several issues have been overblown in the current social landscape, chief among them is feminism. Feminism in the current definition means cutting down and demeaning men instead of respecting and building up women.

Re comments? Crude and inappropriate comments have always been crude and inappropriate. That I place back to the responsibility of the parents. You don’t learn to respect women as a kid it won’t happen as an adult...a for instance - the prime minister of Canada groped a young woman reporter, apparently thinking nothing of it, as if it was his right to do so. His apology? Had he known she was a reporter, he wouldn’t have fondled her...Huh?

But as to the why? Vanity. Overblown self-importance. Ignorance — essentially the same attitudes that cause young men to make the remarks...

First off want to see how the questions were asked and how they were actually weighted in the research. As this type of "research" is very prone to biases on the part of those conducting it. So first thing is finding out is this a sound set of data or not. From there it is looking at what the factors might be as there are multiple items that can or do influence this IF the data is valid.

The young women are stupid. Often the person making the comment is making it stupidly.

Nonetheless, we've trained up a generation of people to take offense at every opportunity.

The divide increases daily, so whatever opinion we have on the matter is of no consequence.

Feminism and liberalism on steroids is the root cause for many societal ills

Shivan2418 has hit it out of the ballpark

Young women have been brainwashed by feminism, identity politics, and the hyper sensitivity of today’s culture.

Maus Level 4 Jan 10, 2022

Me too movement and poisonous feminazi culture.

Tards that don't get laid

When an over-40 female-aquaintance is walking down the other side of the street, I give her a good wolf-whistle which always gets a laugh of appreciation. But, hey, us old buggers can get away with it.

I think it's a combination of the first and second. Youth has little experience and many more hormones AND attractiveness, it's easy to take everything more seriously.
That being said, I am still pretty prickly about "compliments" given to me by a stranger in the street and can react badly depending on my mood.
I think "older" women probably also don't get as many alleged compliments in the street by strangers, so where is that information in the chart? Is that information really about how "compliments" diminish during a woman's age?

I think it's a combination of things. One thing is that it depends on who's making the comment. If a super hot, tall, well off, popular guy makes the comment he will get away with it or even score most of the time because it's flattering to the girl; makes her look and feel highly desirable and girls have unrealistic and/or unreasonable expectations these days.

Another thing is that girls these days are much more sensitive about their social image as there is no place they can escape from criticism due to social media. Gossiping is relentless and politically charged; egged on by subversives and activists on the left.

Then there's the THOT culture of women who don't respect themselves or treat their sexuality as a precious commodity. These women are positively schizophrenic in their outlook. If you call her a she'll consider that harassment then go have sex with a stranger to make herself feel better, if you say she's hot or compliment her on her ass, she'll sleep with you (provided you're hot or she's drunk), but if you happen to be standing around minding your own business while she and her friends are having a low-key cat-fight and you brush passed saying "excuse me" they'll huddle together and make up with each other by gossiping about what a creep you were...then they'll demand that you respect wahmen.

People today were taught that everything is bad. They do not even know the difference between a compliment and real hassment. They should take it as a compliment and appreciate it.

Adnirb Level 4 Feb 23, 2021

Such comments would be considered impolite in many parts of Asia.

Any attractive person eventually becomes accustomed to unsolicited attention, regardless of gender, and must become adept at fending off undesirable interest. The more intelligent, and the more secure & undistracted will be gracious. A good litmus test of character is how well they do so. Being aware of what might be troubling a very attractive person might save a potential friendship if they seem ungracious.

Of course, the insecure and unintelligent will tend to conclude anyone fending them off as someone else’s character flaw regardless of character, when it is more likely evidence of their lack.

It's a reflection of the times. At least they're not being called Nazi, supremist sexual harrassers... but it's coming. This is all part of the "I'm offended" woke culture. Older people have more sense than to want to be part of an unrealistic fad that purports to be directing us in the direction of a utopia of niceness and fairness.

It used to be that being rude and saying rude things ... or even nice but unwelcome things ... was mostly ignored or met with distain.

Today’s young women have been actually taught ... by several sources including peers ... to consider even the nicest of compliments as “harassment” or even assault ... depending on how they feel at the moment.

Being “offended” seems to simply be the default position for many people and, it seems, the younger they are, the more infected their thought process is.

Three pedophiles are in the comment section.

I would not be surprised if every complaint against feminists was actually a man in a dress who intentionally tries to make women look bad.

Undercover police officers have been dressed as prostitute thots for decades.

Impossible to interpret from this graph. It's uncertain whether the graph represents generational differences that were consistent throughout the lifespans of each age cohort or represents an age-related effect that changes as one ages.

For instance, when women who are 65+ now were 18-29, what percentage of them then consider unwanted comments about their appearance as sexual harassment? Did attitudes about what constitutes sexual harassment change as they aged or did they remain stable? It might be that younger women are subject to more frequent and more crass comments about their appearance by virtue of their relative attractiveness compared to older women. A young woman trying to establish herself as a serious professional might take offense to being called "pretty" (as if she's nothing more than a pretty face) whereas an older woman might consider it a welcome compliment she doesn't receive very often.

Lesbos!

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 217

Photos 19 More

Posted by Charter Does a country's wealth come from its energy use?

Posted by Charter Why does the worldwide IQ distribution appear to match racial IQ differences seen in multi-racial countries?

Posted by Charter Why do children raised in same-sex households appear to have worse life outcomes?

Posted by Charter Is it fair that actresses are younger and have shorter careers than actors?

Posted by Charter Why are asylum seekers in EU overwhelmingly (military-aged) men? If asylum seekers were fleeing for persecution reasons, does it make sense that most are young men? Source: [ec.europa.eu]

Posted by Charter Why do young women consider unwanted comments about their appearance as sexual harassment compared to older women?

Posted by Charter Are women aware of the risks of postponing having children?

Posted by Charter Is this proof that income inequality doesn't appear to be cause of white-black SAT/IQ gap?

Posted by Charter Is a multi-cultural society a good thing?

Posted by Charter Why hasn't anti-Muslim sentiment gone down after the spike due to 9/11? Source: FBI Crime Statistics [fbi.gov]

Posted by Charter Why does the average IQ of a country appears to decrease as religiosity increases?

Posted by Charter Northern states tend to have more "social capital". How's yours?

Posted by Charter Most federal revenue comes from income and payroll tax. Is that optimal? Soure: [pgpf.org]

Posted by Charter On a percentage basis, it is much more likely to be killed by a Muslim "terrorist" in the US than a Right-Wing "extremist". Does it feel that way?

Posted by Charter Why do Blacks have a much higher risk of being murdered by other Blacks than they do from Whites? Post suggested by @AdrianRainbow

Posted by Charter What can be implied from the fact that African-American homicide rate mirrors African nations while European-American homicide rate is comparable to European nations? Post suggested by @ZuzecaSape

• Top tags#video #children #USA #population #world #vote #desperate #culture #immigrants #muslims #god #ElonMusk #youtube #death #wealth #racism #Canada #gender #truth #Harassment #TheTruth #college #marriage #IncomeInequality #inequality #Asian #policy #immigration #crimes #crime #philosophy #religiosity #intelligence #bowling #Mexico #Socialcapital #government #taxes #terrorists #RightWing #friends #mother #wife #justice #Christian #faith #kids #fear #whites #JordanPeterson ...

Members 48,193Top