slug.com slug.com
2 8

Young people in our schools and universities have been influenced by the New Left with neo-marxist ideas from Marcusse. The New Left uses they young in a game of political correctness, as one of its tools to cancel traditional culture.

Some important notes on what is happening in the cultural dimension ... Young people in our schools and universities have been influenced by the New Left with neo-marxist ideas. The New Left uses political correctness as one of its tools to cancel traditional culture - using language, policies, or measures that are intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society - in this way they get control of the narrative.

Political correctness seems to originate from the critical theory of the Frankfurt School as part of "Cultural Marxism", in particular Herbert Marcuse, and it has become common in speech code in universities.

"Snowflakes" are easy recruits for the New Left, a snowflake is defined as a person with inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are overly-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions. Therefore also prone to groupthink.

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Cohesiveness, or the desire for cohesiveness, in a group may produce a tendency among its members to agree at all costs. This causes the group to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation.

Groupthink requires individuals to avoid raising controversial issues or alternative solutions, and there is loss of individual creativity, uniqueness and independent thinking. The dysfunctional group dynamics of the "ingroup" produces an "illusion of invulnerability" (an inflated certainty that the right decision has been made). Thus the "ingroup" significantly overrates its own abilities in decision-making and significantly underrates the abilities of its opponents (the "outgroup" ). Furthermore, groupthink can produce dehumanizing actions against the "outgroup". Members of a group can often feel peer pressure to "go along with the crowd" in fear of rocking the boat or of what them speaking up will do to the overall to how their teammates perceive them. Groupthink can often be referred to as a group of “yes men” because group activities and group projects in general make it extremely easy to pass on not offering constructive opinions.

The woke like to see themselves as aware of issues that concern social justice, social justice warriors. Critics see this as pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction, and engaging in disingenuous arguments. SJW are criticised as unreasonable, sanctimonious, biased, and self-aggrandizing."

William Deresiewicz defines political correctness as an attempt to silence "unwelcome beliefs and ideas", arguing that it is largely the result of for-profit education, as campus faculty and staff are wary of angering students upon whose fees they depend.

Preliminary research published in 2020 indicated that students at a large U.S. public university generally felt instructors were open-minded and encouraged free expression of diverse viewpoints; nonetheless, most students worried about the consequences of voicing their political opinions, with "anxieties about expressing political views and self-censorship ... more prevalent among students who identify as conservative".

Cancel culture and its influence - Cancel culture is a modern form of ostracism or "witch-hunt", a culture war, a political weapon used to punish and shame dissenters.

Cancel culture is a modern form of ostracism in which someone is thrust out of social or professional circles – whether it be online, on social media, or in person. Those who are subject to this ostracism are said to have been "cancelled".

The notion of cancel culture is a variant on the term call-out culture and constitutes a form of boycotting involving an individual (usually a celebrity) who is deemed to have acted or spoken in a questionable or controversial manner. For those on the receiving end of cancel culture, the consequences can lead to loss of reputation and income, from which it can be hard to recover.

This is all in the communist playbook, dividing the countries population against itself, pitting genders, races, and cultures against each other - divide and conquer. Many good people have been coned into playing pawns in the Marxists agenda. BLM is trained in marxism and is paid by Open Foundation, owned by George Soros, who sponsors groups that play part in his game, and whose goal is a global government by a small elite.

In late 2017 and early 2018, as part of the #MeToo movement following the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse allegations, numerous high-profile celebrities lost their reputations, and some their careers, due to allegations of sexual harassment. Some actors such as Liam Neeson and Catherine Deneuve described the sweeping allegations in the industry as a "witch-hunt".

Former US President Donald Trump also criticized cancel culture in a speech in July 2020, comparing it to totalitarianism and claiming that it is a political weapon used to punish and shame dissenters by driving them from their jobs and demanding submission.

Former Secretary of Labor, Eugene Scalia, points out that cancel culture is a form of freedom of speech and protected under the First Amendment. At the same time, he brings to attention a consequence that has not been addressed, that cancel culture affects the equal opportunity of legal representation for those affected and that it limits the pool of lawyers who are willing to risk their personal and professional reputation on such controversial topics. The legal representation field is subject to manipulation by current clients who do not wish to be in any form associated with cancel culture matters even though firms or lawyers do not necessarily share the same ideology of those whom they represent. He concludes his article by emphasizing that every issue deserves to be heard and have appropriate representation regardless of its popularity in current society.

Conservative commentator Cal Thomas noted the trend in the late 20th century, in the context of what would become known as a culture war. "The modern censors first manipulate and redefine language in a way that makes any challenge to their rule-setting appear intolerant and narrow-minded. ... God help anyone who utters the mildest protest or suggests that an alternative view should also be presented. Should such a person transgress and tresspass on the holy ground of the mass media and academia, the full weight of their elitist condemnation will come crashing down around them like multi-targeted warheads."

According to the social psychologist Jonathan Haidt, call-out culture arises from what he calls "safetyism" on college campuses. As illustrated by Keith Hampton, professor of media studies at Michigan State University, the practice contributes to the polarization of American society, but it does not lead to changes in opinion. Some students are afraid to express unpopular ideas for fear of being called out on social media and may avoid asking questions as a result. Call-out culture's prevalence can make marginalized groups feel "even more hesitant to speak out for what they feel is right."

Professor Joshua Knobe, of the Philosophy Department at Yale, contends that public denunciation is not effective, and that society is quick to pass judgement against those we now view as public offenders or persona non-grata. Knobe asserts that these actions have the opposite effect on individuals and that it is best to bring attention to the positive actions that most of society participates in.

Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Young people are being influenced at universities by the New Left, they become pawns in a cultural war. Dividing the population among themselves, so we can easily be overcome. This is a subtle culture war - be wise, loving, and corageous, don't let them divide us.

Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

Paralamente 7 Mar 28
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Emotions or logic

Good article - I have been strugling with a proper name for this movement, maybe it shoud be called cultural marcussian postmodern neomarxism

@Paralamente Whatever you call it, it has little grounding in reality.

@Paralamente You have a narrative stitching together a number of alleged phenomena but no evidence establishing your categories nor said phenomena.

@WilyRickWiles

There is an obvious relation Marcusse was part of Frankfurt School, Frankfurt school is called neo-marxism.

Snowflakes are easy recruits, related with woke and SJW, cancel culture and political correctness,

... if I had to present thorough evidence I would have to write a book. Is there something in paticular you disagee with?

@Paralamente Marcuse existed. Can't deny that. Here are a few things you haven't established:

1. Who Snowflakes/SJW/woke are
  2. Who the New Left is
  3. That Marcuse is representative of the above groups' thinking
  4. That the above groups are representative of the left, academia, or young people broadly
  5. The difference between "political correctness" and support of civil rights. If they are the same, you have not established that civil rights are bad other than to describe them with negative buzzword. Moreover, is it not a traditional form of "political correctness" when white supremacy and patriarchy are the norm?
  6. The difference between "cancel culture" and mere ideological disagreement that challenges white supremacy and patriarchy. Moreover, is it not "cancel culture" when someone is fired from academia for challenging white supremacy and patriarchy?
  7. That any of these topics are more common on the left than the right, have a material basis, and constitute a moral crisis.

I sense that you are painting with a broad brush and conflating the left, neoliberals, young people, certain parts of the humanities, and other parts of academia in order to propagandize for a neoliberal or reactionary agenda.

@WilyRickWiles

I am using a broad brush, you know its imposible to explain the connection in one page.

Snowflakes are a personality type easily influenzable, with predispostion to groupthink, because they don't like to hear other opinions. The New Left is in broad strokes Neo-marxism, and the Frankfurt school - though you might categorize any New variation, and fussions for itself.

Marcuse is not representative of the Frankfurt School more than any other Frankfuter, they are different, I particularly ejoyed reading Erich Fromm he was also from the Frankfurt school.

They are broad strokes, but in politics things can easily become complicated, because we are talking individuals with group ties, and related though aspects.

@Paralamente How about some numbers or percentages of how representative these supposed categories are in specific institutions or the population at large? You came to these conclusions rationally, no?

@WilyRickWiles

Numbers and percentages 😃 im not a statistician, neither im I aware of any statistics that are precise enough for your standards.

The reason I wrote it is because our culture is in danger, in this one corona year, I have seen more political hypocresy than the rest of my life together. It is as if kids have taken over the plane, and there is no way to get into the pilotcabin.

I belief in justice, but behind the woke and the SJW, there is a bigger group that is using them as pawns, and are using the political correctnes of Marcuse to cancel traditional culture. That is not real social justice, it is totalitarism.

@WilyRickWiles

By the way im neither for the left or the right, as I see problems and solutions are found in each group. Blind attachment to a political group i see as tribalism and authoritarian, when it comes to politics I like to think of myself as a pragmatic. Voting groups are part of the theater that keep us enthraled, wiles the elite controls the story.

@Paralamente Wiley is one of the Frankfurt school believers (I mean - his avatar speaks volumes. What's the difference between the hammer and sickle and the nazi flag?), all he wants to do is criticize and deconstruct (as per their ideology). No solutions, no self awareness, no regard to history or reality. Just another pseudo intellectual philosopher 🙄 - from Chicago. He's never seen the reality and outcome of his ideology.

@Paralamente Believe me, the kids did not create mad king Trump or the failed coup attempt in the US. 2020 was rather hopefully one of the last outbursts of the Boomers.

@Paralamente Bottom line, I think there is an irony to criticizing the rationality of one group without any data to back it up.

@Tom81 Here's a solution for my neck of the woods at least: remove the artificial local dependency on real estate taxes in the US--something that creates perverse political and economic incentives--by federally financing public goods. Of course any policy change like that likely requires organizing the working class to counterbalance the power of elites, and it's an open question how feasible that is without elites being divided as they were in past centuries.

Our political economy is rather sticky. That's something conservatives should learn as well, though they have the advantage that real estate is fundamentally reactionary and its dominance is increasing through accumulation.

@WilyRickWiles and what exactly are 'public goods'?
I'm no supporter of the extremes of capitalism or a fan of the elites but communism is the exact same thing in practice. In capitalism, the elites are the rich, in communism the elites were the political class. Both 'elites' ruled over and exploited the 'working class'.
The Frankfurt School came about because capitalism generally made 'working class' lives better (not denying exploitation didn't exist) and so they REJECTED communism. All their theories and ideology was aimed at what you would call the 'elites'. Rich, spoiled liberals that never had any struggle in their life. All that ideology is being pushed downwards, blended in with agitation propaganda, to manipulate people.
Communists don't seek equality and fairness. They're just full of envy and jealousy that they're not the one's in power. Communism is political serfdom, not a friend of the 'working class'.

@Tom81 Education, health care, and housing for starters.

@Tom81 Stop arguing with my avatar.

@WilyRickWiles can agree on that for sure. If governments collect taxes (and they do so in abundance), we could have free basic education, public libraries, public transportation, reasonable public health (with education and personal responsibility as part of the framework), public parks and at the very least subsidised housing for the actual 'working class' (and I believe you need to be actually working to be part of the 'working class' ).
Where I draw the line is when things turn into a welfare state that rewards (and thus encourages) dependence, the whole concept of 'equity' (because it's just discrimination any way you look at it), identity politics based policies (that just encourage 'victimhood' and seed & fuel division rather than unity) and the amount of needless bureaucracy (that drains funding and makes everything less efficient and effective). I work in public health and see the need, but can't ignore the waste.

@WilyRickWiles I can argue with your avatar because I've actually lived under it

@Tom81 The problem is that local governments increasingly have less money to spend on those things. Washington has been decreasing its contribution for decades, making them more dependent on property taxes. And that dependence creates an incentive to use land use powers to redevelop public and low income spaces into luxury condos. Trade unions benefit from construction work so they sell out the rest of the labor movement. International speculation is primed by Washington pumping money into the financialized real estate market (but not the municipal debt market). And to top it off, local governments and trade unions end up captive to the same financial interests behind development for financing their debt and investing their pensions, allowing those interests to increasingly call the political shots. Finally, a small army of property managers, realtors, police, etc. are formed to manage populations and maintain speculative property values in which most of the global professional class is invested. When did all of this start? At the end of the civil rights movement against the inequities imposed by those same forces and as the economy shifted away from national manufacturing.

@Tom81 As for my avatar, my point is, debate my arguments, not what an imagined communist would argue.

@WilyRickWiles so if I used a swastika as my avatar how would you respond?
I don't have to imagine what communists are like - seen plenty under communism, and plenty here in Australia that enjoy the spoils of capitalism but still manage to whine (and what a big surprise that most of them are in uni - which isn't cheap here🙄, and have barely worked if at all).
Can agree with many of the criticisms of capitalism, but all communism does is supplement money/power with politics/power. You end up with the same problems. It's just the other extreme.
The middle ground or the best (complimentary) bits of both systems work better than the extremes of one. And your avatar symbolises an extreme (that you won't address), so I will shit on it as much as I would ALL other extremes.

@Tom81 I don't care about the label, just give me a system where we aren't stuck in a real estate-dominated death spiral.

@WilyRickWiles well what's your solution to that? Getting rid of private land ownership won't solve that. Making everything 'public' makes the government a landowner with bureaucrats becoming the new 'elites' yielding power. If you think there wouldn't be corruption in that sort of a system you'd be naive.

@WilyRickWiles

The best solution as I see it, is only accesed through psychological maturity, making it a human project to extract the best of past wisdom.

A human project, lets say minimum of 2 years research by 500 top experts from all relevant areas. The human project being open to the public online, with a forum so everyone can participate. The best ideas are then made into a simulation program or computer game, which is free online. This simulation is tested and adjusted.

Then the model is tested in a small community. Again all of this being an open project, where everyone can follow, and there are no parts behind closed doors. People can vote on the model, or criticize posible shortcomings.

Also very important, this model must be protected by anticorruption laws, so loobyists and leaders can't hack it. Misinformation to the population from these leaders punished by life imprisonment, no immunity.

As long as the people can't talk together and colaborate, the elite will hack the system for power and profit, whether they are on the left or right. Tribalism is a obstacle for human evolution, we must think concrete problems and solutions.

But this is all based on psychological maturity and collaboration, and a real desire to make this a human project.

@Tom81 I already addressed that in my original comment on the topic.

@Paralamente "As long as the people can't talk together and colaborate, the elite will hack the system for power and profit, whether they are on the left or right."

That's an interesting point. I've been impressed by what is possible working together with my neighbors and in socialist groups in the last year. Our employers, for example, prevent us from communicating like that.

Recent Visitors 22

Photos 11,795 More

Posted by JohnHoukWATCH OUT FOR AN AI TYRANNY & NSA Spying SUMMARY: I’ve witnessed too many dark-side leaps and bounds to give credence to AI-Tyranny naysayers.

Posted by Sensrhim4hizvewzCohencidence or PLANNED???

Posted by Sensrhim4hizvewz Hopefully, everyone catches it and everyone gets better

Posted by JohnHoukFBI Investigates Baltimore Bridge Collapse! Suggests NOT an Accident! SUMMARY: On 3/27/24 I shared a Lara Logan Tweet on her opinion of what caused the Francis Scott Key Bridge near Baltimore ship ...

Posted by JohnHoukPolitical Tyranny – Part Two Videos Showing the Political Tyranny of Factionalism & Globalist Entanglements SUMMARY: IN Part 1 I used President Washington’s 1796 Farewell Address as a ...

Posted by JohnHoukPolitical Tyranny – Part One President Washington Warned of the Insidious Outcome of Political Factions & Foreign Entanglements SUMMARY: George Washington – RIGHTLY SO – is called the Father...

Posted by JohnHoukFuellmich Political Persecution Encapsulates Globalist Lawfare SUMMARY: A few thoughts on Deep State Political Persecution of Trump & Supports.

Posted by JohnHoukLooking at Birx Not Fauci Managed Medical Tyranny Includes Personal Observations on Legit President Trump SUMMARY: Looking at a VNN examination of the short Documentary: “It Wasn't Fauci: How ...

Posted by FocusOn1Uh oh, i hate to say this, but israel was formed in 1948, 100 years after karl marx wrote his book. Was it formed as a atheist communist country?

Posted by MosheBenIssacWith woke fat ass acceptance, only applies to women (fat bitches). What used to be funny is now illegal. The video won a Grammy Award for Best Concept Music Video in 1988 [youtu.be]

Posted by JohnHoukRemember WHY You Are Resisting the Coup Summary: Well… It’s series of videos time again.

Posted by JohnHoukA Call for Intercession Over WHO Power Grab Treaty SUMMARY: A call for prayer on America’s leaders related to the National Sovereignty terminating Pandemic (better known as Plandemic) Treaty.

Posted by MosheBenIssacDisney COLLAPSES Billions Lost In MINUTES After Shareholders Troll Company Sticking With WOKE! [youtu.be]

Posted by JohnHoukIntro to Maj.

Posted by FocusOn1Communists murdered people on the titanic

Posted by JohnHoukAnti-Medical Tyranny Read Over the Easter Weekend 2024 SUMMARY: Here are two posts focused on combatting Medical Tyranny… 1) Dr.

• Top tags#video #youtube #world #government #media #biden #democrats #USA #truth #children #Police #society #god #money #reason #Canada #rights #freedom #culture #China #hope #racist #death #vote #politics #communist #evil #socialist #Socialism #TheTruth #justice #kids #democrat #crime #evidence #conservative #hell #nation #laws #liberal #federal #community #military #racism #climate #violence #book #politicians #joebiden #fear ...

Members 9,402Top

Moderators