slug.com slug.com
4 1

Stop being a Boomer in the Matrix. The '90s (let alone the '60s, '70s, and '80s) are a thing of the past and they're never coming back. Time to move forward, build community with like-minded people, stop wasting time with those who hold very different views who'll never change their minds, improve yourself body, mind, and spirit, and prepare for what is coming; things are going to get even more 'real' than they already have been, so stop nostalgically pinning for a now-dead idealized past. [americanthinker.com]

CourseofEmpire 7 July 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My opinion on the matter was set in stone a good while before the current "march in the streets every day" situation materialized.

There is no common ground between today's left and right. The "people" on the right have remained fairly consistent. Many leftists are trying to convince the people that those on the right who remain traditional in their ideology are radical. That's not so. The so called "alt right" is simply the right as it has been for many decades.

The difference is in how the leadership on the right has corrupted conservative ideology.

It's the left that has radicalized. I see little difference between the Democratic Party and Communist Party USA. In fact, many on the left don't bother to deny their Communist leanings.

There's a statue of Lenin in Seattle, for Pete's sake.

Also, I agree with the linked article that the term "Boomer" is starting to take on a new meaning. It no longer applies to just a generation. It applies to a mindset - or just an older person that a young person disagrees with.

Vox Day has long led the charge against the Boomer generation. He's written many topics on his blog which blames every ill society has on the Boomer generation. I told him several years ago that at the rate culture moves, he would be at the prime age to catch the receiving end of his vendetta against old people if it ever came to pass. He's soon to turn 52 and is already having to fight off the occasional "Boomer" label from young adults.

It makes me laugh every time I see it happen.

Triumph Level 6 July 27, 2020

Although 52 is technically Gen X (which he points out quite often), it wouldn't take much for a younger person to still call him a Boomer. Still, I agree, it's the mindset. there are plenty of 'Boomers' (by age) who aren't Boomers in their thinking and I've encountered Gen X and Millenials who are very Boomerish in their thinking. So I'd say that's more like how one should approach it (though most Boomers are generationally Boomers, too. lol).

@CourseofEmpire

I encounter a lot of people in the Boomer generation who don't understand what's going on or where it comes from. I encounter a lot of people younger than Boomers who don't either.

But I get a bit aggravated at people who are "based" - who know what's going on and where it comes from, yet still want to say that it's a generational thing.

The Federal Reserve Act was established in 1913. No Boomers were around for it. America was coerced into a fratricidal war in Europe in 1941. No Boomers around for any of that, either. The Hart-Celler Act was established in 1965. Some Boomers were around during that time, but most were children and the few young adult Boomers of that period had no political influence.

My point - it's difficult to say exactly when the ball started rolling which brought us to where things stand today. But it was long before the Boomers arrived on the scene. The Boomers were subjected to the same influences which were around in 1913, 1941, 1965, and today. They weren't able to see through it any better than those who came before them or after.

After your community of like-minded people is built, it will break up into factions. Look at churches of like-minded people. They form and grow then some members are not happy with the direction it is going, break off and form their own which will grow until some members are not happy with the direction it is going. There is never going to be a community of like-minded people. The best outcome is to respect each other even if we don't agree with them and try to find some common ground we all can live with.

Pand0ro Level 7 July 27, 2020

Absolutely correct Pandoro. These folks feel boomers are the problem, as if not for them, human nature would be rainbows and kumbaya.

These idealistic, gullible Utopians are surprised every time their Utopias fail, or blame it on Constitutionalists, who back the only system of governance to address and harness flawed human nature, to provide the most fair and best protection of individual rights in history.

And then after succeeding in destabilizing our Constitutional society, they blame “boomers,” or Constitutionalists for what Utopians themselves did, to justify doing something that history has proved never works. Then say we’re never going back.

Ya know what? They may be right. Thousands of lives were lost and ruined to establish our Constitutional Republic, in favorable conditions, such as a public awareness of the Great philosophers.

Today’s public is aware of Homer Simpson.

Of course, there will be factions, there will always be factions, but if there is a more general agreement on many key points with an agree to disagree mentality, one can forge something more sustainable. There is simply no speaking to the more extreme globalist left (the more 'moderate' liberal types may still be approachable, but their numbers are shrinking). Dialogue is over. There are no political solutions.

Your expectation of a community that is "like-minded" on all topics is unachievable in ANY form - not even families. This FACT has been proven by history time and time again. If you cannot handle "disagreement" you will be a slave or a member of the side with the most violent control mechanisms.

See my reply to Pandoro above.

They aren't coming back and every iota of institutional power is explicitly hostile towards us.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 31

Photos 516 More

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little weird. All of them ina nation that is overwhelmingly Eastern Orthodox? Shouldn’t there be more of them in there instead?

Posted by InspirationHow do you explain this.

Posted by CourseofEmpireIf the international banking cartel says that you aren't allowed to have a bank account, it means you are a threat.

Posted by CourseofEmpireThis should be our objective

Posted by CourseofEmpireProposed measures to reduce fertility in the US, 1967. "Too Many Americans."

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little pita bread, tsaziki, souvlaki, mmmm, quite tasty; not sure about the social media platform though. ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireI mean, is he really wrong?

Posted by CourseofEmpireThere are reports many larger cities are starting to see an outward drift. Maybe the early stages of this? ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireWhy can’t C-19 vaccine mandates be taken seriously?

Posted by CourseofEmpireWarren is one of the inventors of mRNA and he believes 1 to 2 billion will die from this vaxx. [twitter.com]

Posted by CourseofEmpireThe vast majority are vaxxed. This can’t be the unvaxxed who are mostly dying. Remember, they are a few months ahead of the Northern hemisphere.

Posted by CourseofEmpireAwesome 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireWeimar (yes, THAT Weimar) will no longer report numbers of vaxxed people being hospitalized for COVID because the truth might be used for "misinformation." -Lovecraft's Cat

Posted by CourseofEmpireAny cause. This is an amazing vaccination, you are almost invincible if you get it, everyone (except a few little side effects and such)! 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireHow long before a politician is physically attacked and even killed for mandating vaccines? [news.com.au]

Posted by CourseofEmpireNotice how much things increased with this one vaccine?

• Top tags#video #world #media #government #hope #biden #money #Police #youtube #reason #truth #death #god #culture #rights #whites #democrats #society #China #politics #USA #freedom #vote #evidence #Canada #children #videos #TheTruth #liberal #racist #nation #evil #fear #kids #racism #chinese #friends #hell #conservative #community #crime #propaganda #justice #Christian #book #population #religion #FreeSpeech #antifa #violence ...

Members 1,889Top