slug.com slug.com
3 3

Can someone explain to me why the financial markets appear to have recovered? We supposedly have tens of millions of people out of work, and I’ve watched as a number of local small businesses have closed their doors for good because of the COVID lockdowns. We’ve also printed trillions of dollars. I understand that the lockdowns have benefitted big business to some extent, but surely people are tightening their belts...or are they? I thought I understood financial markets reasonably well. I mostly got out of the market about two months ago, but now that looks a bit foolish. I’m now beginning to think that I don’t understand financial markets at all and never really did. Can there really be no economic consequences for the major disruptions our government has caused to the economy? What am I missing?

MrBobcat 5 Sep 3
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Creative accounting that you & I would be put behind bars for...money printing...government favors...multinational markets...cheap Chinese imports...control of propaganda...

These are all helpful answers. Thank you!

I’m hoping the markets hold through the second wave. They are still down, but have been recovering surprisingly well.

When you think about it, for large sections of the economy, it’s business as usual. Many people have worked straight through. While specific industries like airlines, tourism and live events have suffered, companies like Amazon can thrive under these conditions. And after the initial crash in March, many high value stocks were available at discount prices. Investors took advantage. Some made money. It all helped.

I think the real reckoning will come for many countries when they have to deal with the massive deficits rung up over the past six months, and which they may continue to ring up for the foreseeable future.

It will take a few years for this to shake out, and maybe a decade to regain lost ground.

GeeMac Level 8 Sep 3, 2020

Recent Visitors 16

Photos 516 More

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little weird. All of them ina nation that is overwhelmingly Eastern Orthodox? Shouldn’t there be more of them in there instead?

Posted by InspirationHow do you explain this.

Posted by CourseofEmpireIf the international banking cartel says that you aren't allowed to have a bank account, it means you are a threat.

Posted by CourseofEmpireThis should be our objective

Posted by CourseofEmpireProposed measures to reduce fertility in the US, 1967. "Too Many Americans."

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little pita bread, tsaziki, souvlaki, mmmm, quite tasty; not sure about the social media platform though. ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireI mean, is he really wrong?

Posted by CourseofEmpireThere are reports many larger cities are starting to see an outward drift. Maybe the early stages of this? ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireWhy can’t C-19 vaccine mandates be taken seriously?

Posted by CourseofEmpireWarren is one of the inventors of mRNA and he believes 1 to 2 billion will die from this vaxx. [twitter.com]

Posted by CourseofEmpireThe vast majority are vaxxed. This can’t be the unvaxxed who are mostly dying. Remember, they are a few months ahead of the Northern hemisphere.

Posted by CourseofEmpireAwesome 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireWeimar (yes, THAT Weimar) will no longer report numbers of vaxxed people being hospitalized for COVID because the truth might be used for "misinformation." -Lovecraft's Cat

Posted by CourseofEmpireAny cause. This is an amazing vaccination, you are almost invincible if you get it, everyone (except a few little side effects and such)! 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireHow long before a politician is physically attacked and even killed for mandating vaccines? [news.com.au]

Posted by CourseofEmpireNotice how much things increased with this one vaccine?

• Top tags#video #world #media #government #hope #biden #money #Police #youtube #reason #truth #death #god #culture #rights #whites #democrats #society #China #politics #USA #freedom #vote #evidence #Canada #children #videos #TheTruth #liberal #racist #nation #evil #fear #kids #racism #chinese #friends #hell #conservative #community #crime #propaganda #justice #Christian #book #population #religion #FreeSpeech #antifa #violence ...

Members 1,889Top