slug.com slug.com
1 2

On Being, "Conflicted" About a Certain, "Question."

Someone close to someone close to me - a de facto inlaw - 's parent now, nearing the the final point every life cycle must reach. Sad reality we all get to endure.

Now, this person is as decent (as in considerate, responsible, caring, strong, & every other admiring word you can think of) a person I've ever known or ever will know; and I have personally benefitted immensely by her graces toward me.

That said, she is not, "of my kind" and is, a member of the one a certain question talked about. I've talked about it A LOT myself. And my opinion of it based on evidence, and certainly not politically correct.

Distinguishing the person from the "tribe" DOES cause me difficulty. Great difficulty. She's on her way today to her father's hospice bed and all that sad reality includes. I phoned a message (she's in flight across country) and left some words, heartfelt ones. And as soon as I hung up I felt a hypocrite.

My words were true but my opinion unchanged. I wonder if others here, the same conflict?

Furthermore, I've kinda actually be saved medically by a doctors (actually more than one) Jewish too.

I guess this comment my own mea culpa - life does have its knots we get tangled in.
Peace to us all tho ... and especially today, this beautiful person, her Dad & all their loved ones.

Thank you for reading if you have to here & any of your own ways of dealing with appreciated ...

JATW 6 Oct 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you're doing well.

Walking the line between the individual and the collective is extremely difficult. I don't believe you've acted hypocritically. The issue of tribal politics does not trump your friendship or your lifelong validation of her character.

One of the biggest problems with the cultural identity in question is that it goes well beyond religion into race, ethnicity, culture and politics. Their teachings and customs make it nearly impossible to differentiate those who reject their tribe's ethnosupremacy from those who embrace it. Those who may dislike it (or be unaware of it) in private are often coerced by popular culture and the victim complex of their own ingroup to defend those responsible for horrific crimes. Culture is a vast network of doctrine, incentives and fear. It's true that your friend may have been deceived by some of these ideas.

What is all this to say? It boils down to our inability to trust the good intention of people belonging to certain tribes without exhaustive vetting. It means that when interacting with one in the wild its statistically likely that they have been indoctrinated with a worldview harmful to the survival of our people. Your friendship, as fulfilling as it was, doesn't detract from the harmful nature of the culture and identity of the tribe.

All this certainly does not mean that you may not be friends with a good person because you don't want their tribe ruling over yours. It does not mean that you have to disregard your years of experience with someone you care about. It does not mean that they did not care for you even if they were indoctrinated with some tangentially harmful ideas.

As for the doctors, I can't say. They were doing their jobs. That alone doesn't make a person good. For instance, if they refused to perform certain mutilating rituals common to current medical practice I'd laud them no matter who they are. People can do both wonderfully good and horrifically evil things, but good and evil do not cancel each other out. They both stand forever, separate and distinct.

I hope this helps, though it just as likely clouded the matter as clarified it.

Recent Visitors 11

Photos 516 More

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little weird. All of them ina nation that is overwhelmingly Eastern Orthodox? Shouldn’t there be more of them in there instead?

Posted by InspirationHow do you explain this.

Posted by CourseofEmpireIf the international banking cartel says that you aren't allowed to have a bank account, it means you are a threat.

Posted by CourseofEmpireThis should be our objective

Posted by CourseofEmpireProposed measures to reduce fertility in the US, 1967. "Too Many Americans."

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little pita bread, tsaziki, souvlaki, mmmm, quite tasty; not sure about the social media platform though. ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireI mean, is he really wrong?

Posted by CourseofEmpireThere are reports many larger cities are starting to see an outward drift. Maybe the early stages of this? ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireWhy can’t C-19 vaccine mandates be taken seriously?

Posted by CourseofEmpireWarren is one of the inventors of mRNA and he believes 1 to 2 billion will die from this vaxx. [twitter.com]

Posted by CourseofEmpireThe vast majority are vaxxed. This can’t be the unvaxxed who are mostly dying. Remember, they are a few months ahead of the Northern hemisphere.

Posted by CourseofEmpireAwesome 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireWeimar (yes, THAT Weimar) will no longer report numbers of vaxxed people being hospitalized for COVID because the truth might be used for "misinformation." -Lovecraft's Cat

Posted by CourseofEmpireAny cause. This is an amazing vaccination, you are almost invincible if you get it, everyone (except a few little side effects and such)! 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireHow long before a politician is physically attacked and even killed for mandating vaccines? [news.com.au]

Posted by CourseofEmpireNotice how much things increased with this one vaccine?

• Top tags#video #world #media #government #hope #biden #money #Police #youtube #reason #truth #death #god #culture #rights #whites #democrats #society #China #politics #USA #freedom #vote #evidence #Canada #children #videos #TheTruth #liberal #racist #nation #evil #fear #kids #racism #chinese #friends #hell #conservative #community #crime #propaganda #justice #Christian #book #population #religion #FreeSpeech #antifa #violence ...

Members 1,889Top