slug.com slug.com
8 4

The Spirit of Quitting.

ramzpaul 8 July 29
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We can leave Biles be and focus on abstract things like sportsmanship, honor, and the media.

We need objective things, and sports is objective. Politics should be more like sports, not the other way around.

Sportsmanship makes sports social. The Olympics should emphasize sportsmanship. Democrat tactics are unsportsmanlike.

A sportsman wants to win with honor, in a way that makes a good story. A good sportsman doesn't want to win dishonorably.

Tyrion Lannister: A king needs a good story.

A trans male winning a women's event is not sporting. People with a sense of sportsmanship won't watch it.

Mental toughness is important for everything, especially sports. Mental toughness should be emphasized, and Democrat media celebrates mental weakness.

Bruce Feirstein wrote "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche", and also the bond films "Goldeneye", "Tomorrow Never Dies", and "The World is Not Enough". Feirstein and O'Reilly wrote a book titled "Old School" to glorify mental toughness. Hannity praises old-school values.

Athletes forget that the fans are more important than the athletes. The audience is more important than the orchestra. Without fans, athletes are nothing. Athletes need to come to grips with the fact that fans will root for whoever they want to root for. An athlete's attitude matters to fans.

Defund sports! Make athletes earn money legit, with ticket sales and endorsements.

The Olympics needs to install a process to streamline alternates, so that it doesn't matter if someone drops out. There are worthy athletes that should get a chance to play. The media should focus on the Cinderella alternate, not the athlete that dropped out. People love Cinderella stories.

In this context, the dropout can rest in peace. The ball has been handed off. Leave the dropout in peace.

John Daly was a lowly alternate on the PGA tour when a freak circumstance caused him to be invited to the PGA tour championship tournament.

And he won!

Daly was the 9th and final alternate for the tournament. Daly had to drive through the night to arrive in time to claim his spot. A virtual unknown at the time, he achieved a first-round score of 69, even though he had not had time to play a practice round at the exceptionally difficult Crooked Stick Golf Club course near Indianapolis. He finished the tournament with scores of 69-67-69-71, giving him a three-stroke victory over veteran Bruce Lietzke.

Daly was able to play because Nick Price dropped out. Price had a legit reason. His wife was having a baby. Price let Daly use his caddy for the tournament

I am half Klingon, half Vulcan. My Klingon side values honor and sportsmanship. My Vulcan side is disappointed in the scientists that sold out for politics.

Its all not about ME your supposed to be representing your country ? Be a real Champion and soldier on , thats a true Winner. Dont let the team down! What really do you want to be remembered for!

Unleash the Biles memes!

Brace yourselves for an appearance by Biles on Oprah, where she whines.

First time ever Jay I am disappointed in your callous comments. Do you really know what woke BS she was getting behind the scenes this time around?

@toronto_Georgia That's about right: we don't know. What we do know is she let her country down.

@eschatologyguy I know she did. My first thought was exactly that ... pure BS. The more I thought about it though, the more I realized it required more thought than just knee jerk reaction, particularly with her history in the field.

One of the reasons I don't follow ramzpaul is because of his lack of knowledge.

Simone Arianne Biles (born March 14, 1997) is an American artistic gymnast. With a combined total of 30 Olympic and World Championship medals, Biles is the most decorated American gymnast and is widely considered to be one of the greatest and most dominant female gymnasts of all time. At the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Biles won individual gold medals in all-around, vault and floor; bronze in balance beam; and gold as part of the United States team, dubbed the "Final Five". Biles is also a five-time World all-around champion (2013–2015, 2018–19), five-time World floor exercise champion (2013–2015, 2018–19), three-time World balance beam champion (2014–15, 2019), two-time World vault champion (2018–19), a seven-time United States national all-around champion (2013–2016, 2018–19, 2021), and a member of the gold medal-winning American teams at the 2014, 2015, 2018, and 2019 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships. Additionally, she is a three-time World silver medalist (2013 and 2014 on vault, 2018 on uneven bars) and a three-time World bronze medalist (2015 on vault, 2013 and 2018 on balance beam). Biles is the gymnast with the most World medals (25) and most World gold medals (19), having surpassed Scherbo's record 23 World medals by winning her 24th and 25th, both gold, at the 2019 competition in Stuttgart.

And he doesn't know who she is. REALLY? I don't mean to disrespect his followers, but this is one of the reasons I am not a fan. And just to clarify, I do not normally follow the Olympics closely.

Not one of us knows what kind of woke BS has been going on behind the scenes at this particular Olympics. Is it remotely possible she is being pressured by the woke people on this current round? I don't know about you, but this activity sure the fuck would mess up my chi and love of what I do.

@toronto_Georgia a little too woke for this bloke.

We are not her, we do not know how her body aches or her mind. Let her alone and move on.

If Biles quits, stop covering her and show stories about athletes that didn't quit.

After Biles quit there was a flood of articles by Democrat media praising Biles.

Biles should be forgotten. Make way for the worthy.

If a Christian athlete were to quit, Democrat media would attack that athlete.

The U.S. National Women's Soccer Team discriminates against Christians.

Uhhhh, Simone Biles is a Christian. And the US NWST has several severely devout Christian members, ones who regularly pray before games and have been vocal about their religion. WTF are you talking about? Victim culture at its finest.

Howdy @ramzpaul,

Let her quit. Every athlete trains and competes for their own motivations.

When I climbed, there were times when it just didn't feel right, and so I backed off difficult routes with lots of exposure. There were other times when I was truly in the groove and the face and my moves were a single poetry. Hard to describe.

Simone Biles does routines that would cause crushing injuries to the rest of us to even attempt. A split seconds' hesitation could cripple her. It's her decision, and her assessment of her condition is overwhelmingly more important than our entertainment.

I'm on both sides of this coin. My instantaneous gut reaction was "Oh, come the F on.." but my head was like "maybe she'll get it back one day." Sport psychology is a thing because when bad shit gets into an athlete's head it can ruin a career. If it's a dangerous sort of activity it can it can break people.

It should have come after consultations from doctors at the Olympics. She has committed herself to the team and the country she represents feeling hurt does count as injury does it? I guess I’m woke time anything does.

The Olympics need a new event: the Dramatic Mental Health Break.

sqeptiq Level 10 July 29, 2021
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 31

Photos 516 More

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little weird. All of them ina nation that is overwhelmingly Eastern Orthodox? Shouldn’t there be more of them in there instead?

Posted by InspirationHow do you explain this.

Posted by CourseofEmpireIf the international banking cartel says that you aren't allowed to have a bank account, it means you are a threat.

Posted by CourseofEmpireThis should be our objective

Posted by CourseofEmpireProposed measures to reduce fertility in the US, 1967. "Too Many Americans."

Posted by CourseofEmpireA little pita bread, tsaziki, souvlaki, mmmm, quite tasty; not sure about the social media platform though. ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireI mean, is he really wrong?

Posted by CourseofEmpireThere are reports many larger cities are starting to see an outward drift. Maybe the early stages of this? ;)

Posted by CourseofEmpireWhy can’t C-19 vaccine mandates be taken seriously?

Posted by CourseofEmpireWarren is one of the inventors of mRNA and he believes 1 to 2 billion will die from this vaxx. [twitter.com]

Posted by CourseofEmpireThe vast majority are vaxxed. This can’t be the unvaxxed who are mostly dying. Remember, they are a few months ahead of the Northern hemisphere.

Posted by CourseofEmpireAwesome 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireWeimar (yes, THAT Weimar) will no longer report numbers of vaxxed people being hospitalized for COVID because the truth might be used for "misinformation." -Lovecraft's Cat

Posted by CourseofEmpireAny cause. This is an amazing vaccination, you are almost invincible if you get it, everyone (except a few little side effects and such)! 😂

Posted by CourseofEmpireHow long before a politician is physically attacked and even killed for mandating vaccines? [news.com.au]

Posted by CourseofEmpireNotice how much things increased with this one vaccine?

• Top tags#video #world #media #government #hope #biden #money #Police #youtube #reason #truth #death #god #culture #rights #whites #democrats #society #China #politics #USA #freedom #vote #evidence #Canada #children #videos #TheTruth #liberal #racist #nation #evil #fear #kids #racism #chinese #friends #hell #conservative #community #crime #propaganda #justice #Christian #book #population #religion #FreeSpeech #antifa #violence ...

Members 1,889Top