slug.com slug.com
0 Like Show
0 Like Show
0 Like Show
View more

Theoretical Particle Physicist.
Medical Physicist.
Music Theorist.
Bass guitarist.
Karaoke fan.
Centrist.
Kind.
Me.

Comments

GatewayPundit: Fraudulent Georgia Ballots Were Addressed to Elections Consultant Dwight Brower – ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 3, 2021:
Wow. They are really reaching for straws now, debating the minutae of "pipe burst" or "pipe leak" as if pausing the count is somehow fraudulent. Man, the butt-hurt on the Trump team's loss is getting sad. :(
Senators to challenge election results
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
> Seems I am challenged when it comes to posting link's Still more successful than the Republican challenge 😂😂
Proof of Fake News
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
6+1=7
Proof of Fake News Here is proof of fake news; I just came across this today.
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
More like proof you can't count: hospitalized once then six times more is the same as hospitalized 7 times. In summary, 6+1=7 is your proof of fake news
Proof of Fake News Here is proof of fake news; I just came across this today.
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
Yet the byline says seven in both. Did you not notice that?
Recreational use of marijuana now legal in Montana [kbzk.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
If the dems gain control of the Senate, it might be legal everywhere
..........
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
Remove democrat and it's more accurate. After all, Trump doesn't live in the left side of the picture... Neither do mcconnel or cruz
I like it - we will see....
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
???????? Whatchatalkingbout, willis?
Georgia Election Data Shows 17,650 Votes Switched From Trump to Biden: Data Scientists [ntd.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
Is there a link to their research or is their word gospel?
Georgia Election Data Shows 17,650 Votes Switched From Trump to Biden: Data Scientists [ntd.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
"According to their analysis on time series election data which was published online as early as Dec. 24, Trump’s votes were decrementing in various counties instead of increasing as they do normally." And why is it normal that they should increase? That's absurd logic from an absurd campaign be absurd Trump loyalists.
Trump Declares Georgia Senate Runoffs 'Invalid and Illegal [newsmax.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
Trump declarations have zero force of law, thankfully.
And these idiots are getting paid by us, the taxpayer, to come up with this nonsense.
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
The association is important, not the gender or sex. Something that applies to fathers should also equally apply to mothers. Hence parent is important, not the sex of the parent. Gender neutral designations are the standard in scientific writing... No big deal.
Monday, Jan 4th may very well be the end of America.
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 2, 2021:
America is dead! LONG LIVE AMERICA!!!
'migrant' my ass, illegal aliens.... Lucky we still don't call them 'wet backs' 😒
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 1, 2021:
Lucky we still don't call you " racist".
THIS IS THE PLAN OF THE COMMUNIST DEMOCRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MOVE INTO RED/CONSERVATIVE STATES AND ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Jan 1, 2021:
You've discovered the plan!!!!! Now what?!?!?
Are you changing the format again?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 31, 2020:
I've also encountered this problem. Sometimes the "type your answer here" block opens up to a place where I can write my comments and everything is fine. Other times it doesn't open up another block and I cannot write my comments and the text I put into the small "type your answer here" block doesn't post, as Serj97 says (PS: I'm on a windows machine)
Anyone Who Tells You Vaccines Are Safe and Effective is Lying. Here's The Proof. by Vernon Coleman
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 31, 2020:
Not trustworthy: Coleman's medical health claims have been widely discredited and described as pseudoscientific, including views on AIDS denial (heterosexuals can't get AIDS). Also, his views on vaccines come to us as a retired GP, not a epidimiologist; this is like a car mechanic commenting on jet airplanes.... knows the basics but not enough to arrive at the right conclusion.
Educators and agitators fight the foibles of classic literature, push for a pulling of the ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 31, 2020:
As I read this, this applies only to children. Much like pronography, this is about not exposing children to concepts they cannot readily understand or put into proper context. This is not, as I read it, about the permanent denial of The Scarlet Letter for example. As an adult, with experience, you will read it and understand it's context. One could argue that not teaching pornography in school is also cancel culture given that pornography is a part of our culture. But we don't teach it while at the same time we allow adults to indulge in it. We don't want kids to come out with the wrong or distorted view of pornography and likewise, with a wrong or distorted view of racial issues. For the record, I'm 100% against any kind of book ban... but I'm also 100% at age-appropriate reading material. I guess the issue is what age is it appropriate for kids to tackle questions of racism and put it into proper historical context instead of being indoctrinated one way or the other? (PS: book bans are nothing new. The religious right has been doing this for decades and it wasn't called "cancel culture" then. I only draw attention that it's when the left does it that we consider banning books "cancelling culture"... but when the religious right does it we consider it "moral preservation". Here is a wiki article on the long history of book banning... what differences do you with actions in the past and in the present?)
Did the DNC pull a switcheroo to elect the least electable woman since Hillary Clinton?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 31, 2020:
I love it when Biden inadvertently trolls people and people bite hook line and sinker. 😂😂😁
Vaccine "passports" could be mandatory for travel, shopping and even the movies- [zerohedge.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 31, 2020:
I think individual business' making it mandatory is a good move. Much like individual business' can make wearing a shirt or not wearing gang colors mandatory. I respect that there will be government pressure in certain sectors, such as travel and tourism, where non-compliance could lead to super-spreader events. But at the same time, it's the free market argument all over again: let companies that want to require passports do so... and the customers that are ok with that go to them... and let companies that don't require passports have customers go to them. I think the only problem is when non-complience by a certain sector puts another sector in trouble. Like hospitals. Suppose all of vegas doesn't require passports and they relax all restrictions prior to any hope of "herd immunity"; vegas hospitals might be overwhelmed with preventable cases in the ICU and as such will be less effective, or wholly ineffective, at treating non-preventable disease or accidents. I think if it gets to that stage, then maybe goverment intercession is needed. But I'd like to try it out voluntarily first...
Serious discussion time
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 30, 2020:
Show me the packaging where it says this.
Rigged Elections are Literally the Holocaust! – Tony Odarg – The White Gentleman
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 30, 2020:
Pet Peeve: people who use literally when they mean figuratively.
What did you learn in 2020?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 30, 2020:
@admin It's interesting that slug.com is exactly as pessimistic as agnostic.com is optimistic. Do you think this is endemic of each leaning? That left-leaning people, being liberal and more likely to embrace change, are more optimistic about a future which is fast changing.... ....whereupon right-leaning people, being conservative and more likely to want things to remain the same, are more pessimistic about this ever changing future? (Cross posted on agnostic.com)
What did you learn in 2020?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 30, 2020:
What I learned: - The dangers of our internet-fed Kruger-Dunning society. - The division between right vs. left is clearly one of individual rights vs. community rights. - Flu, and by extension COVID, vaccines aren't about providing sterilization immunity; they are about symptom mitigation. - Election years are not good for my mental health. - Politics remains a choice between two evils. - Some people value health over work; others value work over health.
What did you learn in 2020?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 30, 2020:
Hindsight is 2020. Foresight is 2021.
Do we see the real problem Trump actually faced?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 29, 2020:
Trump is like a kid that is consistently kicked out of schools and moved to New ones. To have the kid tell it, it's because all the schools are against him. To have the schools tell it it's because he did not play well with others. And Trump supporters are like the mothers of these kids, always defending the kid regardless of what the kid does.
Do we see the real problem Trump actually faced?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 29, 2020:
Trump is like a kid that is consistently kicked out of schools and moved to New ones. To have the kid tell it, it's because all the schools are against him. To have the schools tell it it's because he did not play well with others. And Trump supporters are like the mothers of these kids, always defending the kid regardless of what the kid does.
Confederate Battle Flag. The Civil War was fundamentally about States Rights [bitchute.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 29, 2020:
> The Civil War was fundamentally about States Rights Yes: the right of their states to own slaves.
Because Science!
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 29, 2020:
??????? Both entries are correct. What is the highlight meant to show?
Well this is a big deal! [lifesitenews.com] [nature.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 29, 2020:
From lifesitenews: > A study of almost 10 million people in Wuhan, China, found that asymptomatic spread of COVID-19 did not occur at all, thus undermining the need for lockdowns, which are built on the premise of the virus being unwittingly spread by infectious, asymptomatic people. From nature: > Here, we describe a city-wide SARS-CoV-2 nucleic acid screening programme between May 14 and June 1, 2020 in Wuhan [...] The prevalence of SARS-CoV-2 infection in Wuhan was therefore very low five to eight weeks after the end of lockdown. The nature study was about post-lockdown (Wuhan had been under lockdown measures from January 23 until April 8, 2020) low-infections, showing that lockdowns work. The lifesitenews spin is that there are low infections, omitting the fact this study was done post-lockdown, and using that omission to conclude that lockdowns don't work. Lifesitenews: shitty site with a shitty spin. Avoid at all costs. They are playing you for fools and you either know it and don't care or don't know it and should care.
Picture is worth a thousand words.... It's all about control, not science
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 29, 2020:
Do you also feel controlled by having to wear pants or a dress in public?
JustTheNews: Trump heads back to Georgia for Senate runoff rallies. [justthenews.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
"I will be going to Georgia on Monday night, January 4th., to have a big and wonderful RALLY." This all but assures victory for democrats since we all know how well those rallies worked on Nov 3rd.
HERE IS SOME TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [youtube.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
Civil war won't break out because Trump supporters who speak of civil war are all talk, no action... all bravado, no bravery... all about "you do it", never "I'll do it". Not gonna happen; wishful thinking. Last wishful gasps of a dying Trump presidency.
Negro Jimmy Galligan Posts Revenge Video of White Girl & BLM Supporter Mimi Groves Saying the N-Word...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
The real lesson here is don't say stupid shit on social media because someone, somewhere, can and will use it against you.
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
***Stop using ‘meritocracy’ as an excuse*** > “A lot of companies recruit in their own image, but an organisation which reflects its customers and supply chain will be more competitive,” Sir Kenneth points out. “There has to be a recognition of the competitive advantage of diverse leadership, rather than the social-justice argument.” . The latest update from the government-backed Parker Review, found the majority of companies are falling short. The target for FTSE 100 companies is to have one non-white director by 2021, with another three years for FTSE 250 businesses to achieve that goal. Currently 59 per cent of companies are not meeting the target. . The review’s chair, Sir John Parker, acknowledges the task. “Our continuing lack of ethnic diversity looks less like a failure on the part of minority communities to produce competent candidates and far more like a choice on the part of business to settle for familiar recruitment processes,” he says. https://www.raconteur.net/hr/diversity-inclusion/diversity-leadership-meritocracy/
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
***The False Promise of Meritocracy*** > But is this true? Do commitments to meritocracy and objectivity lead to more fair workplaces? . Emilio J. Castilla, a professor at MIT’s Sloan School of Management, has explored how meritocratic ideals and HR practices like pay-for-performance play out in organizations, and he’s come to some unexpected conclusions. . In one company study, Castilla examined almost 9,000 employees who worked as support-staff at a large service-sector company. The company was committed to diversity and had implemented a merit-driven compensation system intended to reward high-level performance and to reward all employees equitably. . But Castilla’s analysis revealed some very non-meritocratic outcomes. Women, ethnic minorities, and non-U.S.-born employees received a smaller increase in compensation compared with white men, despite holding the same jobs, working in the same units, having the same supervisors, the same human capital, and importantly, receiving the same performance score. Despite stating that “performance is the primary bases for all salary increases,” the reality was that women, minorities, and those born outside the U.S. needed “to work harder and obtain higher performance scores in order to receive similar salary increases to white men.” https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/12/meritocracy/418074/
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
***Viewpoint: The Myth of Meritocracy*** > We buy in to the concept of meritocracy because it supports the sense of can-do individualism that has shaped American mythology and gives hope to all. But in reality, unconscious bias and structural bias based on people’s social class, immigration status, gender, ethnicity and other factors impede a fair system for all. Clinging to a false narrative undermines opportunities for developing a more productive, balanced business strategy. Merit is a beloved but misguided assumption about the way most U.S. organizations operate. > In a 2012 study by the National Academy of Sciences, researchers sent identical resumes for a laboratory manager job to over 125 hiring managers in U.S. universities. Half of the resumes had a male name and the other half a female moniker. The hiring managers, which included professors of both genders, were asked to rate the candidates. The results were disturbing: Both male and female evaluators ranked resumes with women’s names as belonging to people lower in competence, employability and appeal as potential mentees. The salaries offered to females who landed the job were more than $3,500 lower than those proffered to males. Clearly, an unconscious bias led the evaluators to favor men in this case. Level playing field? Not. https://www.shrm.org/hr-today/news/hr-magazine/0918/pages/the-myth-of-meritocracy.aspx
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
As this is the standard right now, preferential hiring of qualified minorities doesn't give them an advantage but merely attempts to rectify proven inequality in normal hiring practices: > "In one study, the researchers created resumes for black and Asian applicants and sent them out for 1,600 entry-level jobs posted on job search websites in 16 metropolitan sections of the United States. Some of the resumes included information that clearly pointed out the applicants’ minority status, while others were whitened, or scrubbed of racial clues. The researchers then created email accounts and phone numbers for the applicants and observed how many were invited for interviews. [...] Employer callbacks for resumes that were whitened fared much better in the application pile than those that included ethnic information, even though the qualifications listed were identical. Twenty-five percent of black candidates received callbacks from their whitened resumes, while only 10 percent got calls when they left ethnic details intact. Among Asians, 21 percent got calls if they used whitened resumes, whereas only 11.5 percent heard back if they sent resumes with racial references." ***Minorities Who 'Whiten' Job Resumes Get More Interviews*** https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minorities-who-whiten-job-resumes-get-more-interviews
Since you are an expert, Doesn't this ad look like a woman taking her top off?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
Dunno about that but I got one for xmas and it's off the hook intense!!!!
Pence Card -OR- GOP No Longer Relevant On January 6, 2021Vice President Mike Pence apparently can...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
This strategy is only viable if GA wins it's two GOP. Otherwise, this strategy is a no go. AND he's already backing away from any support of the election fraud myth. So even with this viable strategy he won't do it.
President Trump Signs $900 Billion Covid-19 Stimulus Relief Bill
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 28, 2020:
Sigh. You can't change things after you sign it. All that PORK he justifiably railed against is still in there. :(
Do you think Democrats are more of a feminine mindset and Republicans are more of a masculine ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 27, 2020:
I think that is a fair comparison. (PS: didn't watch the video because the first minutes were about election fraud... boring... and not about fem v. masc features)
Claremont Review of Books: Michael Barone: Flyover Country Blues The authors, by their own ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 26, 2020:
Good review. However in our society I suspect that getting the left to respect Trump Democrats will be as easy, or difficult, as having the right respecting Biden Republicans.
“Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 26, 2020:
Simle reason: science only works on the physical not the conceptual; on the objective not the subjective. Love, beauty, friendship, decency... All are subjective concepts and thus immune to scientific inquiry
Lawyers attempt to sue WHO for misleading the world over pandemic. [timesofoman.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 26, 2020:
My guess is this will play out exactly like the election lawsuits: Lot's a grandiose claims of malfeasance but zero evidence to support them. After all, you are in effect suing science and making the case that the science at the time didn't support the actions at the time. And that is a VERY difficult argument to make much less support.
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 26, 2020:
20 year old research yet most of the white people responding for there conclusions to a tee > We find that the majority of respondents who oppose race-targeting policies (1) frame racial discrimination as a problem of the past; (2) define race-targeting as a subversion of meritocracy; and therefore, (3) devalue programs that seek to provide differential opportunity to those groups that have been structurally disadvantaged in American society. https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=hiring+discrimination+against+whites&hl=en=0=1&oi=scholart#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DcoCxpiAx_mQJ
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 26, 2020:
***White men who can’t get jobs say they’re being discriminated against*** https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/that-google-engineer-isnt-alone-other-white-men-say-theyre-discriminated-against-2018-01-09
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 26, 2020:
***The Truth about Anti-White Discrimination*** https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-truth-about-anti-white-discrimination/
The Smartest Man In The World – IQ 200 – Is Convinced The U.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 25, 2020:
Here are some of his other views: - Think 9/11 was orchestrated to distract people from learning about his "theory of everything" - Believes in the 9/11 truther movement because of that. - Believes in the white genocide conspiracy theory. - Opposes interracial marriage. - Has made several anti-semitic posts online. Obviously, IQ is a poor indicator of intelligence and less of wisdom.
WHO admits PCR tests are faulty. [principia-scientific.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 25, 2020:
Did you read the actual statement? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T SAY THE TESTS ARE FAULTY AT ALL.
WHO admits PCR tests are faulty. [principia-scientific.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 25, 2020:
WHO Information Notice for IVD Users Nucleic acid testing (NAT) technologies that use real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) for detection of SARS-CoV-2 Product type: Nucleic acid testing (NAT) technologies that use real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) for detection of SARS-CoV-2 Date: 7 December 2020 WHO-identifier: 2020/5, version 1 Purpose of this notice: To ensure users of certain nucleic acid testing (NAT) technologies are aware of certain aspects of the instructions for use (IFU) for all products. Description of the problem: WHO has received user feedback on an elevated risk for false SARS-CoV-2 results when testing specimens using RT-PCR reagents on open systems. As with any diagnostic procedure, the positive and negative predictive values for the product in a given testing population are important to note. As the positivity rate for SARS-CoV-2 decreases, the positive predictive value also decreases. This means that the probability that a person who has a positive result (SARS-CoV-2 detected) is truly infected with SARS-CoV-2 decreases as positivity rate decreases, irrespective of the assay specificity. Therefore, healthcare providers are encouraged to take into consideration testing results along with clinical signs and symptoms, confirmed status of any contacts, etc. Users of RT-PCR reagents should read the IFU carefully to determine if manual adjustment of the PCR positivity threshold is necessary to account for any background noise which may lead to a specimen with a high cycle threshold (Ct) value result being interpreted as a positive result. The design principle of RT-PCR means that for patients with high levels of circulating virus (viral load), relatively few cycles will be needed to detect virus and so the Ct value will be low. Conversely, when specimens return a high Ct value, it means that many cycles were required to detect virus. In some circumstances, the distinction between background noise and actual presence of the target virus is difficult to ascertain. Thus, the IFU will state how to interpret specimens at or near the limit for PCR positivity. In some cases, the IFU will state that the cut-off should be manually adjusted to ensure that specimens with high Ct values are not incorrectly assigned SARS-CoV-2 detected due to background noise. Manufacturers regularly review the design of their product, including labelling and IFU based on customer feedback. In the early phases of the COVID-19 pandemic, in vitro diagnostics (IVDs) were rapidly developed, validated and verified, and then rolled out. Therefore, it is not unexpected that IVDs may require refinement based on user feedback after their introduction at scale. ...
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 25, 2020:
> Irrespective of the reasons why, the percentage of people of higher IQ, a measure of problem solving skills desired by tech firms, skews in favor of Asians and against Blacks/Hispanics. Problem solving skills and tech desirability has nothing to do with being Asian or Black. "East Asian, White, and Black adoptees raised in the same environment would have similar IQs, hinting at a minimal role for genes in racial IQ differences." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6526420/
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 25, 2020:
A lot of people on these boards are very vocal about preserving history, preserving western history. Know your history and ask yourself is this the history you want to preserve. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2bKaw2AJxs
Should big tech firms hire more Blacks and Hispanics?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 25, 2020:
> Should big tech firms hire more people from groups which have historically been under represented? Of course. Given two equal candidates, one white and one black, there is nothing wrong with giving the job to the black person and not the white person... unless you are that white person ofc... or unless you think white people should get all the jobs.
Hayward: 7 Ways Governments Used the Coronavirus Pandemic to Crush Human ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 25, 2020:
New headline: *7 things that are less important than saving human lives*
How important is Christianity to the future of the Western world?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 25, 2020:
> How important is Christianity to the future of the Western world? To roughly 65% of the western population, important. To the other 35%, irrelevant.
How important is Christianity to the future of the Western world?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 25, 2020:
> What is Christianity to the future of the West? A footnote in the appendix.
The Left are Marxist Terrorists.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 24, 2020:
> The Left will begin to commit genocide as soon as they can since the human race is a disease upon Earth/Gaia according to Leftist Marxist Progressives. When do you suppose that will be? 2020? 2021? 2022? 3546?
Why Would Amazon Want to Buy The Nation of Cyprus?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 24, 2020:
> Why would it make the ideal country for some global megacorporation like amazon to buy? There's the whole "golden passport" scandal maybe playing into the oulandish predictions from Saxo.
TownHall: VDH: It's a brand new, upside down, old fashioned post election world.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 24, 2020:
Trump, Obama, Bush... all were treated the same until a few months or a year after innaguration by which time their character came through and their action and inaction on policies became points of fact. Just because the media criticizes someone doesn't mean they are wrong... nor when they compliment someone does it mean they are right.
We Must Reclaim the Past or Face a Dystopian Future - Identitarians are Re-Writing British History...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 24, 2020:
The past is fixed but unfortunately history is not. History is written, and re-written, by the winners. The history so many want to preserve was itself written, and rewritten, by the winners at the time. So if Identitarians are successfully writing, and rewriting history, than that means they are currently the winners and their re-write is wholly in line with the past. This is the way.
To those on here who celebrate it, have a Merry Christmas, I'm signing off for a few days.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 24, 2020:
Happy holidays! Rest up and see you soon.
Pope Francis Will Resign?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 24, 2020:
Betteridge's law of headlines is an adage that states: "Any headline that ends in a question mark can be answered by the word no."
Pope Francis Will Resign?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 23, 2020:
Internet rumor. Based on 7 year numerology. Very credible.
What is wrong with this picture?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 23, 2020:
> What is wrong with this picture? What's wrong is that if even one person in that room has COVID, you could have a super spreader event. Where was it taken > They can't arrest all of us. They can and depending on where you live, they will.
Steve Turley talks about the election controversy [youtu.be]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 23, 2020:
I mean look at the source for one: GOP led subcommittee. The real important aspect is not the claims, but in their stated conclusion: > If a majority of the General Assembly concurs with the findings of this report, the certification of the Election should be rescinded That's a big IF considering that all the report is based on is hearsay without a single factual account of any wrong doing or grave error. After all, the entire report is ripe with POSSIBLE, PERHAPS, MAYBE, COULD BE without a single WAS, IS, SHOWN. ***The *possibility* of fraud isn't the same as the *actuality* of fraud and thus the electors will stay***
Trump kicks Covid bill back to Congress, demands $2,000 stimulus, shreds lawmakers over mountain of ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 23, 2020:
I agree; the amount of pork in the Bill shows why nobody likes either party.... if they have BILLIONS to offer other countries, then they have THOUSANDS MORE to offer this one.
Oh good, maybe we don't have to burn GA.........again.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 23, 2020:
I mean look at the source: GOP led subcommittee. The real important aspect is not the claims, but the conclusion: > If a majority of the General Assembly concurs with the findings of this report, the certification of the Election should be rescinded That's a big IF considering that all the report is based on is hearsay without a single factual account of any wrong doing or grave error. After all, the entire report is ripe with POSSIBLE, PERHAPS, MAYBE, COULD BE without a single WAS, IS, SHOWN... the *possibility* of fraud isn't the same as the *actuality* of fraud and thus the electors will stay.
SO NO ONE IS GOING TO SAY WHAT THE BALL IS I SHOULD KEEP MY EYE ON?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 23, 2020:
The game for Trump is over. The new game is being objective about Biden's actions and opposing that which we oppose and supporting that which we support.
Blaze: Actor Antonio Sabato Jr.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 22, 2020:
Good chance to see if conservative entertainment figures can make good movies on their own. Given past attempts, I'm skeptical...
Democrats’ Stimulus Bill Also Sends Millions to the Communist Maduro Regime in Venezuela Where ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 22, 2020:
There IS 33 million for "democracy programs" in venezuela. No fucking clue what this has to do with COVID but also not at all sending money to Maduro, in support of communism, or Dominion. Gateway Pundit showing why it's such a bad source for news... again.... by twisting things to fit a narrative... right on par with CNN and FOXnews. Sad that such sources get so many people behind them...
And in Oregon: I wish I'd known about this. I would have gone, except... they're armed?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 21, 2020:
Armed people storming a capitol building in session should be shot on site. Prove me wrong.
Right Wing Protesters STORM Oregon Capitol Building Calling For Democrat Governor's Arrest - YouTube
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 21, 2020:
Too bad they weren't shot: protecting our government official is one readon why we have weapons. Why weren't they shot?
Are we witnessing the beginning of the end for FOX News? [redstate.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 21, 2020:
5 years at the top of the cable news rankings don't just go away overnight. Rest assured, once Biden takes office, Fox News will have plenty of things to say to keep their Republican base happy.
Do mask mandates work? New analysis suggests they don't- [zerohedge.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 21, 2020:
Also, Zero hedge is not the most accurate inreporting. They call him a data expert to lend legitimacy to what he says... ... but what he really is is a marketing expert ( via LinkedIn): ------ About Senior executive, membership funnel specialist and chief digital strategist with over 20 years driving successful campaigns and innovations for Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and political campaigns. Raised millions of dollars for VC-funded firms and Presidential candidates alike. Recognized for his above-the-noise approaches bridging digital frontiers with traditional sales and business models and driving membership success for high end, high household income prospects.
Do mask mandates work? New analysis suggests they don't- [zerohedge.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 21, 2020:
several problems with this analysis right off the bat - Mask mandate doesn't mean mask usage. - States without mask mandates may also be testing less. - States imposed mask mandates when their numbers were higher and thus the data could be flipped, that is to say that a higher incidence of covid cases is why those States impose The mask mandate. Ultimately correlation does not imply causality and thus while I don't doubt the veracity of this analysis, it really doesn't provide any significant information about masks and covid use.
Can only white people be racist?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 21, 2020:
To be racist one can be any race, color, or creed. To be an *active* racist however requires power. So it's true that everyone, including non-whites, can be racist... ...but it's also true that (in the USA) white people have the most power to be *actively* racist.
RedState: Most Americans shrug off COVID danger to be with family this Christmas. [redstate.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 21, 2020:
Expect a third wave spike after new years... ... which will hit hardest those places that have 0% ICU capacity. :(
RedState: LA County concedes.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 20, 2020:
The 1A guarantees that churches should have no more and no less rights than any other place of gathering, including bars and restaurants: Whatever restrictions are in place for secular places need applied evenly to non-secular places. Shame that officials are bungling this basic truth...
MORE PROOF OF WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![westernjournal.com]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 20, 2020:
I don't know what you've been saying but this is nothing new: vaccination has always been a legitimate condition of employment.
JustTheNews: Maricopa County refuses to hand over ballots and voting machines demanded by Arizona ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 20, 2020:
What's Trump's favorite line, "all legal options must be exhausted?" Cool when Trump does it; not cool when other do it?
Right on cue.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 19, 2020:
Also, by doctrinal definition, what the Holy See decrees IS christianity and thus cannot, by definition, be anti-Christian.
Right on cue.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 19, 2020:
I'm agnostic but raised roman catholic. My admiration for the current pope grows every day.
This may come in handy...but not until January 21st
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 19, 2020:
Trump and his supporters said there would be election fraud before there was any evidence of election fraud. Makes sense that Trump and his supporters wold say that Biden did something impeachable before any evidence of an impeachable act.
Well friends, I might be absent from here for a day or so, had to go to the hospital.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 19, 2020:
WHOA!! Glad you are doing well and I hope they take good care of you! Consider one of those automatic blood monitoring machines... next time you might not be so lucky!
Will be wild! President Trump calls upon the American people: Peter Navarro releases 36-page ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 19, 2020:
Any report that focuses on only states where Biden won by a small margin and not every state in the Union is an incomplete report upon which no reasonable conclusions can be made.
Should some research topics be banned or results censored?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 18, 2020:
I've paraphrased Churchill recently but it works here as well: ***"Science is the worst form of knowledge, except for all the others.”*** I'm skeptical of just about every science result but once that skepticism is resolved, I trust the remaining results implicitly. I follow the science without reservation... If it supports social justice, then I support social justice. If it rejects social justice, then I reject it as well.
Should some research topics be banned or results censored?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 18, 2020:
> If it turns out that this research result in findings that are in conflict with the social justice movement, what should be the response? We'll perhaps never know but í wonder if the response would be the same if you phrased it as research SUPPORTING the SJ movement. My guess is no, the responses would not be the same. And therin lay and important point about your slugs of the day, or any survey really: depending on how a question is phrased, one can get what ever support or rejection to an idea one wants You want people on this site answering yes to this question? Phrase the question as implying that the research will go against social justice. You want people on this site answering no to this question? Freeze the question as implying that the research supporting social justice
Biden and co choose global wealth redistribution over America first.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 17, 2020:
I'm no climatologist and not environmentalist. I am a physicist however with a PhD based on computer simulations so this is my, admittedly scientifically biased, perspective: - The climate is changing. This beyond a doubt. - The doubt lay in what role man has in this change: are they a major, minor, or non-causal part of that change. - The majority of climate scientists, people that specialize in this field, claim that man is a major factor. - The opposition to this comes not mainly from other scientists but economists (as we see in the quotes above). So we have a multi-layered problem: for one, while there is scientific consensus that man-induced climate change is real, there is political and economic opposition to the idea because of what it would mean for their respective economies (and donors and constituents). As such, and I do trust the experts on this with caveats below, it is important for the future to trust the experts. Trust is, of course, in short supply these days, especially with expertise. But if the medical consensus is that your cancer needs treated with radiation and you choose homeopathy because outliers say that will cure it, don't be surprised when your cancer aggressively erupts thoughout your body such that when we do give radiation, it might do not good (true story BTW). The caveat: I worked with computer simulation and I'm well aware of their pros and cons. The pros is that you give a good set of inputs and you get a good set of outputs. Likewise, when it's on a real model (like Earth climate) as opposed to an untestable model (like black holes) we can actually check our simulations against reality, our predictions vs. actuality, and see if the simulation is accurate or not. Climate scientists have done all this and thus there is good reason to trust their GROSS results. By gross I mean their numbers may be slightly off... maybe man is responsible for 2 degree change instead of a simulated 1.9 or 2.2 degree change... but that man is responsible for significant change still stands. ***is climate change a con? No, it's scientifically real and verifiable*** ***Is it pseudo-science? Absolutely not. It is no where in the same league as homeopathy, acupuncture, horoscopes, or reiki*** ***Is it right to ask for sacrifices from countries to address climate change, whether man made or not? Absolutely. (Though I suspect that there is strong confluence between people that don't think they need to sacrifice anything for COVID (no lockdowns! no masks! no tracing!) and those that don't think they need to sacrifice anything for the Environment)*** (PS: please pay attention to my qualifiers of majority and mainly etc. Clearly there is always going to be outliers to mainstream consensus and that should be ...
Not only what's your reaction? What action can they take?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 17, 2020:
Need to log into yahoo mail to access it seems
Proof that Jews Own the Media – Tony Odarg – The White Gentleman
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 17, 2020:
a) Is there a link to this so that we can vet it? The picture has no resolution. b) Do you know if this is practicing jews or simply born to jewish families? b) The stereotypical jew caricature in the lower left paints this anti-semitic. All the more reason I'd like to vet the diagram. c) Is there a similar analysis of Christian ownership?
As Trump’s Presidency draws to a close, what grade would you give him? [youtu.be]
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 17, 2020:
Based on the marbling and maturity: Canner.
PornHub Pretty Much Deletes All Content After Major Credit Cards Blacklist the Site – Tony Odarg ...
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 16, 2020:
Hmmm... I see no reduction in the amount of content on PH...
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 15, 2020:
Jesus. Ghandi. MLK. None committed great violence. None were harmless.
Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 15, 2020:
- I'm not a strong believer in the effectiveness of protest in the modern world... though the BLM protests have given me pause to think on this stance. As such, I don't think I would personally join any protests. - The continued implementation of **Critical Race Theory** is something that I would fight against. As a former university teacher, I would take my fight first with my local universities but I'm not above political action as well. - Making a **15 dollar minimum wage federal mandate** would prompt me to take political action, though that might just be writing a letter to congressperson. - I have a great job, great job security, great pay... but the thought of running for office has crossed my mind once or twice. I think there are MUCH better people for that job than I (and by better, I mean worse for a better politician is a worse person by and large) but if push came to shove and that was the only way to get my voice heard, who knows, I might.
Do you have a "line in the sand" regarding political or social change?
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 15, 2020:
> if Biden hypothetically wins, Sigh. You know I've always found it interesting to compare both of your sites, Admin. On agnostic, we don't accept anything as true without clear evidence. We can be properly agnostic when things can't or haven't been tested and yet when they are, we accept results regardless of how uncomfortable they may become. *Yet here you throw that philosophy out the window when it comes to this election, when it comes to Trump losing but wanting him to win, to Biden winning but wanting him to lose.* It was clear on Nov 4 that Biden won but "wait for the legal challenges". The legal challenges claiming he lost were rebuffed, Biden won again, but now it's "wait for the electors to vote" The electors voted for him, Biden won a third time, but now its "wait for congress to validate the electors". All the evidence points to Biden winning. Those claiming he hasn't haven't provided anything that is acceptable in any court in any state by any judge appointed by any president.... much less by a public who sees this for what it is: a last desparate attempt for Trump to hold on to the presidency, NOT any civic duty for election integrity on the part of Trump. It's not hypothetical anymore. Yet you continue to promote ideas that have **strong strong** evidence to the contrary. I realize this is probably a digression to your point but I've been meaning to say this for a long time: That it's odd to me how you can create and promote a site where when there is strong evidence to the contrary, say evidence against a 6000 year old earth, we dismiss the contrary out of hand and lament those who still believe in unfounded claims of young earth... ... while simultaneously create and promote a a site where when there is strong evidence to the contrary, in this case that Biden lost, we accept the contrary out of hand and celebrate those who still believe in unfounded claims of a Trump victory **For what it's worth, this continued refusal to accept the reality of Biden's victory is what earns this site a "far right" designation in my book.**
Supreme Court In Violent Argument Over Texas Lawsuit - Dark Outpost
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 15, 2020:
" “You are forgetting what your role here is Neil, and I don’t want to hear from the two junior justices anymore. I will tell you how you will vote.”" This right here proves that this is false because Roberts and Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have voted differently from each other in the past.
Unity my ass - you & your party have torn the country apart, lied & cheated your way to office.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 15, 2020:
Trump has never in 4 years called for unity between parties. Biden from day one is calling for this unity. Conservatives think they are the only one that love the country and are willing to fight for it. This flawed mindset makes it easier to think that everything they do is the *right* thing to do and easier to dismiss what others do as the *wrong* thing to do. It's basically dehumanizing your opponent, strawman, political prejudice.
[m.
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 15, 2020:
> and he was involved to set her up. It's just him talking. Unless he has tangible proof (direct communication, phone records, tape), then what he says carries no weight. > He says he has known since 2018 that 2020 Election will be stolen. Trump has known since 2015. ;)
DUELING ELECTORS!!! 🔥😎
TheMiddleWay comments on Dec 15, 2020:
Too bad there's nothing in the Constitution or any state law that allows for such a move. These Republicans are so upset they lost the election that they are literally making up new election rules on the spot.

Give Love

Left to give: 0 Coins
Click here to get coins.

Photos

0 Like Show
0 Like Show
0 Like Show
  • Level8 (70,657pts)
  • Posts172
  • Comments
      Replies
    1,755
    4,367
  • Followers 16
  • Fans 0
  • Following 6
  • Joined Feb 24th, 2019
  • Last Visit Very recently
TheMiddleWay's Groups