slug.com slug.com

2 4

LINK GoFundMe Suspends Candace Owens’ Campaign After George Floyd Comments – Variety

GoFundMe Suspends Candace Owens’ Fundraiser After Controversial George Floyd Comments...GoFundMe has suspended conservative political commentator Candace Owens’s fundraiser for an Alabama cafe whose co-owner criticized the George Floyd protests. Owens also came under fire for controversial comments about Floyd while speaking with Glenn Beck.

Owens raised more than $200,000 for Birmingham’s Parkside Cafe, whose co-owner Michael Dykes said Floyd was a “thug” and protesters were “idiots” in a text message to a co-worker that was posted online. Three employees quit working and people online began boycotting the cafe after Dykes’ comments came out.

Owens also came under fire for controversial comments about Floyd, who died after a police officer kneeled on his neck for more than eight minutes.

“The fact that he has been held up as a martyr sickens me. George Floyd was not a good person, I don’t care who wants to spin that. I don’t care how CNN wants to make you think he changed his life around,” she said in an interview with Beck. “He was just after his sixth or fifth stint in prison.”

brasm0082 4 June 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m in disbelief that this could happen. No wait I’m in England. Sounds right

I have followed Candace for quit a while now. She has become a force to be reckoned with and the left knows it. The attacks will get worse with just more smear campaigns.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:102340
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.