slug.com slug.com

5 1

Are you paying attention?

JacksonNought 8 July 16

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How many of the rioters, looters and murderers have been arrested?

we don't know because the media are not divulging that info...but I believe most of the rioters who have been arrested were released within a day or two and they went right back to rioting - some of them have been arrested 2 or 3 times

Assuming this is true, I can understand why it's in such a large display. Examples in their favor are hard to come by........ya know......without them having to at least put their own spin on it.

somehow I believe there are a lot of details about your two examples that you are omitting.

For sure...

America Right...or wrong

I'm paying attention... and your comparison is way off. Keep in mind since the Floyd murder how much looting and destruction had occured at the hands of BLM and ANTIFA protesters, and you think a relatively small group of white men armed with rifles banging on windows is a problem? How much looting and vandalism came from groups like the Proud Boys (since start of Covid protests that is), and more importantly how many people actually got killed during the Covid protests, huh? A young child recently was killed thanks to BLM protesters, not to mention a young woman was murdered all for saying all lives matter. Someone can disagree with the 2A supporters and Covid protesters and chances are relatively high they'll live to tell about their encounter. The examples you provided above didn't discuss a broader outlook on the Covid and racial protests, only from a limited perspective.

Regardless of any unrelated actions by groups at large, do you think a group of people sitting peacefully on a lawn deserve felony charges whereas armed people making threats and attacking windows should be let off without any consequence?

@JacksonNought Nowhere above did I disagree on that point, those who are protesting peacefully (truly peacefully that is) should never be subjected to arrest. I took issue with your attempted comparison of left and right wing protesters is all.

@SpikeTalon well we will just have to agree to disagree on who is more violent or what cause is more just. But my post was self explanatory - truly peaceful protesters, just sitting, were arrested and charged with a felony. Violent protesters threatening with guns and attacking a house were shrugged off. That's hypocrisy at the highest level. It's not even a left vs right thing, it's more of how people demanding justice for an innocent woman killed by the police are treated.

@JacksonNought The problem is... those peaceful protesters you were referring to have/had ties to protest groups that have been known to resort to violence and criminal acts. That is called guilt by association, and while maybe not fair occurs in society all the same. On the flip side, while there was no shortage of media support for left wing protesters who had resorted to looting and arson, most of those same media sources had no problem bashing those who protested the Covid lockdowns who had remained largely peaceful, so I'd say that's a two-way street. One other thing I forgot to mention prior that should be taken into consideration is that both examples you cited above took place on private residences, and there is a possibility that the Kentucky Governor decided not to press charges against anyone, whereas apparently that was not the case with AG Cameron. Given a Governor was part of that equation, I find it rather hard to believe that if he really wanted to pursue the situation until arrests were made, he would have done just such. We don't know either way for sure and may never, but that is a possibility that should be taken into consideration. As for the first part of your reply, I'm fine with the agreeing to disagree part.

@JacksonNought Hmmm facts... not all were arrested, after being asked to leave some were arrested for refusing to leave (trespass) and for failure to follow police directions (minor assaults and intimidation)

Every one of them who didn't leave when told to by police was arrested and received the same three charges: disorderly conduct, criminal trespassing and intimidating a participant in a legal process. The last one is a felony.

Also it is not illegal to carry arms in the US. Those seen in the video armed seemed to be a small part of the group who strung up the effigy, most did not look armed... most did not take part in the "hanging".

@JacksonNought according to the 1st amendment your "cause" does not have to be "just" - you can demonstrate for any stupid think you like as long as it is not seditious or violent. KKK has as much Right to demonstrate as does BLM.

@SpikeTalon, @iThink

If we are talking guilt by association and being tied to larger groups known for violence and criminal acts, then we should be arresting self-avowed white supremacists, neo-Nazis, and KKK members on the regular.

While I have claimed many times that I thought the looting / rioting was wrong, I wouldn't necessarily call the lockdown protests "peaceful". There are plenty of incidents of people purposefully entering stores without masks, which the stores have the right to require for entry, and when confronted you see them destroying merchandise, coughing and spitting on people, starting fist fights, and there haven even been stabbings and shootings. Check out this article about anti-mask protesters attacking McDonalds workers (https://www.businessinsider.com/workers-face-verbal-and-physical-assaults-from-anti-mask-customers-2020-7). The videos of people in Michigan did not look peaceful, where they spit shouted (possibly spreading the virus) in the faces of cops, shoving them to try and get into the Capitol - and yes, they were armed, and the Michigan Capitol prohibits guns from the building.

Yes, KKK has as much a right to protest as people associated with BLM or people just against police brutality, and yes in many areas it is legal to be armed. I wonder, however, how the peaceful sitting protesters would have been treated if they had guns?

Now yes, it could be that one decided to press charges while the other didn't, which I guess just makes the Kentucky AG (Republican) a snowflake afraid of some people sitting and asking for someone to be held accountable for the death of an innocent sleeping woman, and the Governor (Democrat) has thicker skin and is able to shrug off seeing armed men banging at his windows and trying to threaten and intimidate him.

@JacksonNought @spiketalon
Maybe the press just isn't covering it but I haven't seen any violent or destructive marches or riots on the part of your "white supremacist" nazi, nationalist people.
All of the violence, looting, arson...etc has been and continues to be done by that group who laughably call themselves "antifa" and "BLM".

You know full well that if the so called white nationalist...people even thought about so much as starting a fire in the middle of a street and defaced a single building and stopped moving traffic and beat innocent citizens senseless the LAW would immediately swoop in and start busting heads if not shooting people.

@iThink no, I do not know full well. During the BLM protests, roving groups of armed white supremacist vigilantes threatened and attacked people (look what happened to Chris Schiano) and the police shrugged it off and claimed they were helping, and refused to take any police reports of assault seriously.

Where are the cops shooting and pepper spraying when cities riot and block streets and set fires after their sports teams win or lose? [nymag.com]

Why do we see all of the videos of violence, looting, arson, etc and there are no cops around trying to stop these crimes, we only see fellow protesters trying to stop it? Instead, we see all of the cops in full riot gear attacking peaceful protesters, many of whom are kneeling on the ground with their hands up. In Michigan, armed protesters pushed police, and the police stood firm and didn't react. In Buffalo a 75 year old man walked up to police, and was shoved to the ground so his head cracked open.

There are documented instances of alt-right agitators in the protests, from Proud Boys and Boogaloo groups, to even under-cover police recorded conspiring false charges and escalating... all trying to start violence to paint the legitimate protesters as unruly.

Are there bad people on both sides? Of course. It isn't even left / right thing anymore - it is a police brutality thing. Anyone who protests the corruption of law enforcement is viciously attacked, regardless of their political affiliation.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:113513
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.