slug.com slug.com

8 3

When are men going to get serious about standing up for themselves collectively. Our major problem is our fear of shaming. That's not to say we bully women. Rather, it's to say we set boundaries. But it is to say that our biggest obstacle are other men who indulge their pathetic white knight cowardly chivalry at the expense of other men.

AlanFournier 3 Feb 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I feel no need to make any sort of stand collectively, having said that I feel the women I know, mix with and spend time with treat me with respect and I them however I respect the fact that others on here may get treated differently. It's right to be strong, resilient and disagree with others occasionally but generally the poor and weak behavior and rants demonstrated by a minority may be loud and irritating but do not reflect the reality and should not be given undue credence. Treating others with respect and as individuals remains the priority.

Kill the fear of shaming, kill the nest of vipers, rather than just one snake.

I think there is little voice of reason. I see it from both sides, and it looks like a typical argument on a grand scale. One side is hurt by the other and they stand up, that standing up feels like an attack and so the other side is hurt and stands up for themselves. Both sides are unaware of the others perspectives and how they are adding to the problem.

The truth is woman do have all the opportunities to stop being repressed but they don't, they point fingers at men for their own feelings of being trapped because men do XY and Z thing. Maybe at work, or every day they walk down the streat. Woman let this define them, and like the elephant pinned by the little block of wood all they have to do is pull that peg out of the ground and be free. But this is not so easily done when you don't understand how.

Ironically men are experiencing a similar thing in the back lash of woman pushing for equality. In a way they are pushing for equal rights, the equal right men have to enact their beliefs on each other. But this really only can go in one direction without war. I see a lot of men complaining about how woman are taking their rights away, but once you realize the power this gives them is only the power you let it give them it becomes clear you can chose to pull that peg and just be free of it.

Woman don't understand they are doing exactly the thing they are trying to get away from. They don't get the answer is simpler than having to force a perspective out of men. And men don't understand they are feeling exactly the way woman are fighting aganst feeling themselfs. The back lash you feel, is a direct and oposit reaction to the repression woman feel.

The problem is that none of this is really any parties falt. Learning to respect each other will come naturally as each party learns to respect themselfs, and stops hinging how they feel on how another makes them feel.

This is also easier said than done. We live in a world full of people telling you others opinions don't mater and shouldn't effect you, but the truth is we know scientifically that this is not exactly true. We are social creatures, pack mentality shapes the way we live our lives and we try to pretend it doesnt. This drives everyone involved a little nuts and we attack each other instead of just being free.

I'm not into taking sides, or suppressing the way anyone feels. Shame is an internal problem, someone else can not shame you if you are confident in yourself and the rights you are entitled to. Clearly both sides need a voice, but we also really need to stop attacking each other. This will also involve every person who is fighting to take a good look at themselfs, the conflict is always within. (Even if you can externalize it)

It had better be soon! This isn't a passing fad, it is escalating and men had better start regaining their ground back or there won't be any TO reclaim.

An example an article about our Prime .Minister being outed for putting pressure on our Attorney General to join him in doing something illegal in order to secure a Liberal win in the upcoming election!

Yet, this piece reads like a feminist manifesto, can you imagine the backlash if a man wrote a piece with this tone about a female politician?

Source:

Men can't get serious about it. As soon as we try to come together we are labeled as sexist hate groups and silenced from all platforms.

Ignore them. They're the ones spewing hatred. Men have to get past their sensitivity to shaming. Because there is nothing more effective at silencing men than shaming.

@AlanFournier it don't bother me but if u are labeled a hate group and silenced it is hard to get a message out

I agree, they are using absurd labels on men or people that stand up for men, like 'misogynist' and countless other terms. And it is incredibly hard to get a message out in the culture war right now if you are a conservative or an individual against the radical left agenda, you would be butchered! I think we need to individually take responsibility for the biggest effect. Continue to speak out, continue to oppose agenda's that denounce men, continue for self virtue and hopefully we will all be able to stop this utter nonsense. But I think the mainstream media (TV media) are controlling a lot of people's opinions and it is a disgrace.

Personally i think that the white knight mentality could, and should, be easily manipulated into the right corner with a certain set of events. for example, if a man feels he is doing the right thing, then by all means, but the respect for womens own destructive behaviors, and a catalyst event for the resurgence of common sense could come along when say, maybe the presidents wife says something about being pout on a pedestal and how it actually hurts women too.

I can only hope soon...

Why do you hate women!?!?

lol jk

Cuz they got the cooties!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20161
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.