slug.com slug.com

6 0

Which industries can raise prices regardless of the quality or improvements of their products?

I've never seen an industry that operates in an open market drive up prices irrespective of the quality/advancement of the goods and services therein, if there are examples can you show me?

Rus-T-Balls 7 Mar 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Those where competition is not a factor.

Government contracted goods and services.
Moving and transportation companies. Excessive need Leeds to poorly contracted services with no accountability and the service members suffer with no recourse.

Department of family service and child protection agencies. They routinely enforce timelines for case completion in the guise of reunification. Goals are set for parents by outside agencies that have zero oversite or accountability and basically funds with out limits. No oversite for poorly conducted cases. No way to actually improve outcomes or services or hold those who fail accountable.

Medicaid - drives up fraud and medical cost because they incentivize defrauding the system. It’s a perpetuating system that in term causes all medical/healthcare cost to soar.

Underling factor is where government money is concerned the cost goes up the services or product goes down regardless of demand.

Monopolies - Local utilities, governments, unions...

Healthcare would be the only one I know of as far as he USA is concerned.

How is it free market?

@Rus-T-Balls it's not free market, laws stop importing drugs so competition is limited.

Booze

Pharmaceuticals

Free market?

@Rus-T-Balls it's not a free market because it is illegal to import them. All other products are faced with competition but pharmaceutical companies have law to limit their competitors.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21178
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.