slug.com slug.com

1 1

I've noticed that every hobby I have is really bloody expensive to implement?

kletois 7 Apr 21

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My once upon a time hobby of building stereo speakers at home was extremely expensive. I used to build and sell them to friends and through local papers and Gumtree. Cost of good quality raw drivers alone is frightning .Then the cabinets and other components, a pair of great sounding speakers, as good or better than commercially available ones would cost me around $1500 and I would sell them for under $2000. Sometimes it would take me 2-3 months to build. Unusual but rewarding hobby when the people who bought them raved about them to others.

I was thinking of getting into restoring valve radios, but they are as rare as an honest politician in my neck of the woods and shipping them to me would cost the price of a small house 😉

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:213701
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.