slug.com slug.com

3 1

Anyone else looking forward to the new Dune movie?

It’s gotta be better than the one with Sting. Great book which deserves a good movie.

Clammypollack 7 Mar 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So they are going to try again. I'm skeptical. It's a great story and it parallels with the idea of limited oil (spice) being pumped out of the Muslim states (Fremen) to power airplanes and cars (space travel). But good luck conveying that in a 3 hour movie. In today's foolishness, we'll probably get some quasi-environmental message mixed in with the evil make Dune Great Again (Harkonnens) failing against the noble leftist freedom fighters (Atreides) with some obligatory intersectionality and tokenism thrown in.

From what I’ve read, it’s going to be two movies. I think the director of the movie Arrival will be directing it. I’m hopeful as it’s one of my favorite books. Have you seen the sci-fi miniseries with William hurt? Not bad for a low-budget production

@Clammypollack - 6 hours might be enough. I think the original full version was 8 with a narrated intro. Yeah, saw the miniseries and enjoyed it. That was back even before I thought I was busy.

50/50, the original was a good

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21552
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.