slug.com slug.com

3 0

Convention of states

Are there reasons to oppose a convention of states?

1destinyfan 4 Mar 9

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I fear it will happen, and much, much more will be changed---and not for the better.

Social Media has made it a huge gamble in my opinion, there can be unexpected results, and Milgram proved there will always be more than 1/2 of a population who will do what they are told devoid of reason.

I support a convention of the states. The reason I do not fear such a convention are two fold. First to pass anything by a convention of the states, a super-majority (3/4 vote) is required. I believe this protects us from the destruction of the constitution.

Second, the call for a convention would be based on the specific amendments called for by the states choosing to join the convention.

Most people think of only 3 checks and balances to the constitution. There are actually 4. The option of the states to call a convention when congress is not willing to bring forward amendments is our best path to correcting many problems currently occurring at the federal level.

Many fear that the convention would vote to scap the constitution and start from scratch. That would indeed be catastrophic. But with a needed vote of 3/4 of the states to do so, I do not see this likely taking place.

If we are going to do it, do it quick, before we are completely overrun!!!!!!!

[conventionofstates.com]

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21956
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.