slug.com slug.com

10 3

Are you allowed to be a Democrat and be on this site.

I don't follow neither party. In Australia we have two major parties but also a handful of minor parties and I find that I can relate to the person not the party. I'm neither right or left wing I like to keep my options open and choose where I fly.

Kooty 2 Mar 11

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I am a democrat and I am on this site. Anybody is welcome (I hope) -- 🙂

I think most people are a mix of the political beliefs and very few people actually fit perfectly into any one party...realizing that you are not defined by a party, but by your of collection of ideals and philosophies, is the important part....it means you are a thinker.

I used think I was liberal. Ha! Fooled me. Was Liberatarian the whole time. ?

Yes. Why not. Not a democrat myself, but I see no trouble with party affiliation.

Absolutely. What is open discussion without opposing views? It's a tough crowd and the Social Democrat who chooses to enter discussion should have pretty "thick skin".

I think this should be a place where anyone and everyone deserves have their own opinion without said opinion being abusive towards another human being. The problem with FB is if you have a differing opinion and someone finds fault with it and decides to flag it to FB as offensive, FB doesn’t even read it. They just look to see if you’ve ever been flagged before and then ban you. Boom. Done. No questions. No appeal. To me that’s not what America stands for. Freedom of speech includes that which you may not like. FB decides what they like and that’s it.

This site appeals to classical liberals, with or without party affiliation.

All people are welcome on all sites.
This is America.

Problem is, not ALL things are right.

Whats the measuring stick?
It should be the Christian Bible...the word of God, but others may not agree.

So, the 2nd best measuring stick:
The greatest good for the greatest amount of people.

Eg: The US Constitution and Bill of Rights.

What about internationally?
Whatever is the international equivalent of the US Constitution / Bill of Rights.

Its simple, but people are sensitive. They want their flavor of ice cream, not knowing variety is the spice of life...

...but ice cream is fattening, and there are healthier choices, like vegetables and fruits. But not many people like those things, even though they are healthy.

Go to the source, and work backwards.
95% of people won't do that.

Read on their behalf, and fight to make the right decision for them. If you don't want anyone to make decisions for you, get educated and speak up.

I have known tax and spend, big government Dixie-crats that share some views. But, they usually are just racists like most Progressives are. What we call conservatives now, are classic liberals in reality, like our founding fathers. I don't see any reason they couldn't troll this group.

I think that most people on this site are on the more proggressive side of a lot of things. Certainly the IDW speakers are. But they believe in truth, and letting others speak without shouting them down, which sets them apart from most proggressives.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22201
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.