slug.com slug.com

1 0

LINK Minimum Wage Hikes Increase Crime, National Bureau of Economic Research Study Finds - Foundation for Economic Education

"a 10 percent increase in the minimum wage between 1998 and 2016 led to nearly 80,000 additional property crimes committed by 16-to-24-year-olds. This would imply that implementing the $15 per hour Raise The Wage Act today could generate another 410,000 property crimes."

The minimum wage is itself a crime, but it seems it also leads to other crimes.

VonO 7 Mar 19

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The minimum wage hikes also cause worker discontent

When normal attrition causes a loss of workers and the company does not replace the workers because of added expenses, demanding that the remaining workers produce more and work twice, three times as hard

And unless we are under the new minimum wage, no raise for more work

And if you don't have skills to justify an employer paying the current minimum wage, you get no income because you are unemployed

Source:

Personal experiences

I worked a pizza shop to for school. Minimum wage increase hit, no layoffs but most people got zero hours per week. My job SUUUUCKED then, all the 2 or 3 person jobs were now just me and I netted about $3 more a week.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23472
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.