slug.com slug.com

4 1

How can transgender people step outside of the self victimisation narrative that obfuscates legitimate gender dysphoria/ related issues

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It needs to be based in objective reality firstly and not subjectivity. I've heard transgenderism is caused by a flooding of hormones during pregnancy, which is something people can understand.

They can't rip off the victim label without being entirely vilified by their identity group and those who claim to define it.

Does it make them function any less normally in day to day life? Mental disorders are being buried under the weight of “trendy” transhumanist culture

I've often wondered if that's even possible? I firmly believe that's a strictly mental issue, and how exactly do we reason with someone who suffers from such?

I used to think it was a mental issue also. I still think it is for a small percentage of those who claim to be. But, I have another idea. We know that there are intersex (hermaphrodite) people, and those we believe because we can see them. Wouldn't we be silly to think those problems couldn't happen in brain structure, and chemistry. It's definitely an abnormality, and a very small percentage of the population, but I can't deny that someone could possibly be born with some internal variances that we can't see.

@DomGuerilla Valid point there.

@DomGuerilla seems to me especially with the recent uptick that there seems to be a 3rd option to mental illness or physical manifestation, seems like the 3rd might be something like need for attention, whether it's a parent perpetrating it on a child to gain attention or an individual who sees the ease at which attention can be garnered even with the negative potential

@Gooch True, but I think this falls into the "mental illness" category. Maybe I should rebrand that as the "mental issues" category. Emotional problems (including those looking for attention) would still fall in that category. In my opinion, of course.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24918
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.