slug.com slug.com

4 0

Racial Harmony

Are you racist?

• 1 vote
  • 0 votes
Facci 7 Mar 27

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not actually a raciest - but I notice there isn't a NO option....why IS that?

Because, anyone who isn't racist simply wouldn't respond to a multiple choice question that doesn't provide an adequate answer. Saying you're not racist is like saying that you're not gay. The response raises more of a question than it answers.

@Facci in response? your logic is clearly flawed your premise that " anyone who isn't racist simply wouldn't respond to a multiple choice question that doesn't provide an adequate answer " is simply irrational.

" Multiple " choice questions MUST give degrees of latitude in order to be fair and reasonable - and can ONLY be deemed as such when either end of the desired response can be achieved.

So instead of asking ( for example )

DO you have oral sex with gay men

(A) very often
🍺 quite often
☕ not very often
🍸 not at all

( given YOUR logic ) the choices would be assumed as:

(A) very often
🍺 quite often
☕ not very often

You will notice that there is no way to answer such a question in the negative - given the preposition that ( in YOUR opinion ALL men ( to some degree ) have oral sex with gay men.

I submit that your logic is deeply flawed and is based on some kind of interpersonal communicative skills deficiency and social misalignment.

The AIM of multiple choice questions is to " sample " responses from both ends of the spectrum - at both extremes - NOT to LOAD a question with the possibility of answers that can only lean towards one single outcome.

P.S. - if you noticed....I DIDN'T actually vote on your question - as it CLEARLY had no option that suited a desired response. HENCE my initial comment to you.

@ROGAN You're thinking way too hard about this. I appreciate your intensity, even if you don't appreciate my sense of humor. Cheers.

@Facci Sorry mate - its the IQ and if it was a sense of humor comment, yea, I totally missed it - KUDOS! - well played 😉

I live in South Florida, and I am white (which you can probably tell from my pictures). I always tell my students that everyone is racist, and then I provide an example: imagine that you see me in the courtyard talking with a black student (and for this scenario you do not know either of us); suddenly another black student yells at us in Haitian Creole. If you are at all surprised when I quickly fire back in Creole, you are racist. All my students admit they would be surprised. Some teachers have said that this is an example of prejudice, not racism. To which I respond, “Was the prejudice a result of my gender, my height, my weight? No, it was pre-judgment based on race: racism.”

I do not see how anyone could claim that they are not. Being racist and behaving racist are two completely different things. Anyone interacting with someone of a different race for the first time is going to have preconceived expectations, that is just being human you can not help that. How you interact is what you have control over.

Lol - you forgot "in denial".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25028
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.