slug.com slug.com

6 1

LINK Brittney Cooper Says Time Is Racist: 'White People Own Time'

Wurr phinely getding smart, rithe?

M1TMC 6 Apr 5

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We statistically get trapped into buying more time shares, so....yes? ???

I think she ignored that humans occupy different areas of the worlds with different climates. Which allows for different work ethics to determine survival or, at least, comfort.
One can build a house on blocks in warmer climates with no worries of pipes freezing and less wood,.fuel, etc for heat will be required. Try that in Canada for a real learning experience. Southerners are considered lazy by some northerners, regardless of race.
So, some climates demands work ethic while others, not so much.
Whites occupied Europe while Africans occupied, you know.
I've lived all my life around black folks and I've never heard them once mention time as Cooper describes.

These inter-sectional sorts give us white people way too much credit.

When the chip reverts back to a potato, it must be damn hard keeping that thing on your shoulder. Honestly, now getting your fat ass out of bed, is due to the white mans racist time keeping.

What Im also hearing is, 'when we lived a nomadic, or village sun up to sundown 'lifestyle', we weren't on nasty white mens time, have to be here, have to be there and all that racists stuff, we lived at a natural pace, our time was our own. Didn't need money so much, lived off the land, everyone of any status was black, and she's probably right! Instead of being here, because of the African slave trade she could be back in land of her ancestors, living under a proud legacy of tribal community, politics and way of life....

Then there's Botswana, Bifra , Ethiopia, Rhawanda, Etreanda, Bokka Haram...maybe she should look in the mirror and say, thank you God for bringing my black ass here and not leaving it there! Bit much, probably right, but so sick of the sheer ignorance of it all!

Then brittney cooper is a fucking gender fluid sow

Well first, yeah. Time is probably a white thing or a white capitalist thing. She sort of slides off into her victim narrative, but she makes some legitimate points.

I disagree with her that white people can't acknowledge their advantage--or the disadvantage of black people--based on ANCESTRY. That's easy. Yup! There, I just did it. But, that's not all this person really requires, and she knows that and she's being disingenuous. My question is, directly, what is it you require of us? But also, how much of that is punitive? Or, is it retribution? What does the 'discomfort' we should feel mean in practical terms? What would it take for you to let us off the hook for what our ancestors did? Speaking in generalities, she can carry forward her victimization and white people's guilt indefinitely. In terms of a relationship between black people and white people, and incorporating an understanding of social change, there are some very damaging ideas in the spaces between her vague points. THAT'S where the issue is--NOT the one she's sort of describing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27708
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.