slug.com slug.com

16 2

Most effective defense against progressive bullies

What is the best defense against the progressive left online bullying? The shaming and attack’s anyone who disagrees with their agenda or narrative is intense and overwhelming. Does using the bullying emoji work?

Churchill 3 Apr 13

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Along with social media came the absolute acceptance that you can't fix stupid...I refuse to let the idiots ruin my day..I just scroll on by 😊

Remember, progressives live in a "feelings" world and detest those who provide facts in a discussion. As the old saying goes, trying to talk to a progressive is like teaching a pig to sing . . . It's impossible and the pigs hate the practice.

Hit them with truth backed up by facts. It's the only real defence there is. If that doesn't work, save your energy and time. They've already made up their minds and your facts just confuse them.

There is no defense, because when their bullying is pointed out, they just deflect and justify it. Liberalism is a mental disease.

Just say your piece and move on. Unless your posts are being taken down by admins or down voted into the ether like the hive mind reddit platform permits, there's nothing they can do but goad you into pointless "debate" with fanatics who would sooner jump off a building than have their minds changed.

Use facts to upset them and keep pushing. They will either walk away or have a meltdown. Sometimes both. Objective witnesses will usually chuckle

I would say no, b/c if you do point out their bullying (name calling, personal attacks, character defamation), they call you other names centered around being a pussy, or bathing in your tears. I just point out the fallacies of their arguments, call out their use of bullying, and use references to data/facts/research to buttress my position. An intelligent person (left or right), will make a reasonable and logical argument. If they are not, then expecting them to act reasonable or intelligent in their "religious-like SJW delusions" is absurd on your part. "You can lead a horse to water - but you can't make it drink." is the best approach one can take I'm afraid.

Use facts and a bit of creative thinking. It can go very far. An example would be healthcare, when they complain that the cost of healthcare is rising and people are going bankrupt, point out the majority of it is coming from red tape. Also, point out that everyone has access to healthcare, they just have to pay for it. Finally, point out that if they are not already donating to charities that cover medical expenses then they really do not care about the healthcare of others. The logic here being that as a free person you can help your neighbor, encourage others to do so and have it all be done voluntarily without an act of force.

Know your facts. Facts are Kryptonite to Progressives.

On forums, much response is useless:
"To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture. Enjoy, sir, your insensibility of feeling and reflecting. It is the prerogative of animals."

In real life, pepper spray, then hide the can.

Herd them all into a field then bomb the bastards

Oh yeah!! ?

If you are in an exchange that becomes a ankle chewing troll assault you have most likely already won. Firstly you must select your topic well. Make your points with as much logic as possible and see what nature of attack come at you. Most time it will be either a personal attack, a meme, pure opinion or a sighted source.

If the attack is personal....point it out... like: "sad you feel that way about my mother, she may have liked you and would have been much more civil....of course your sad effort to recapture the petty cruelty of your youth has no impact on the facts as I stated".

If it is a Meme....like: "Ah yes The Meme....the unoriginal use of someone else's canned rude comment....the Rhetorical white flag of those unable to make a real point or an original rude comeback."

If it is blind opinion: "OK opinions are common like nostrils, ear canals and sometimes like in your case unsightly and smelly other less obvious orifices. Now try again and give us some substance."

If they offer a sighted source or link simply google and offer a better source or link. Look for some demonstrated fake news from that outlet.

At a certain point when the hive is really well stirred you leave by lamenting the mindlessness afoot but leaving them your points, sources and sound counseling in hopes it helps them all grow out of their current sad babbling troll state!

I have done this several time and it at worst has left me on higher ground leaving a mob who knows they lost in a fury....

Sound advice 😀

I honestly hate conflict. Really too sensitive to that shit. But, anyway, I don't think there's a clear answer. Obviously, NOTHING is working. Funny, but Trump's shenanigans are as effective as anything I've seen at combating the left's bullying. I tend to shut down because I don't want to be involved in something corrosive or even exploitive. I get flooded. It's why I write. I can write with some calm, on most occasions.

BUT, we lose A LOT by not speaking in the public conversation because any space we don't fill, the progressive left fills with things I consider to be abhorrent. That becomes a lasting narrative, because it's essentially unchallenged. It's unchallenged because all of us 'take the high road' types try to keep the peace or just don't want somebody to be mad at us. It's not a useful philosophy.

So, I basically don't know what to do. I would say create safety for progressives to be heard and accepted were it a normal relationship. But, such methods are contraindicated with power differentials--dangerous in some cases. And, 'power differential' is probably a pretty good description of the public sphere right now. If we try to be vulnerable and open, we're going to get beaten by those who wish to exact their power onto us.

There is no magic bullet against pack mentality. The central theme once it gets to that point, has nothing to do with you as an individual. Just walk away. There's an emoji for bullying?

Depends on what platform you are using. Generally I'll state my point of view, and why I hold that view point. State that we probably won't agree then move on/ignore.

It's not worth my time/energy to combative conversate with zealots.

No one seems to see it as bullying when it's collective vs individual.

Don’t engage idiots. Never get into a fight with a fool. They will drag you down to their level and beat you up with their experience.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30370
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.