slug.com slug.com

2 2

Incidents like that are proof the police are not always our friend as some would have us believe...

Police run over freedom convoy protesters with horses, face lawsuit-
[redstate.com]

SpikeTalon 10 Feb 19

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Judging by group is foolish. People are people.

If people are people as you suggested above (which I agree by the way), then I stand by my comments, as it's not about judging a group but rather on an individual basis there. Never said not all police can be trusted. Furthermore, would the same then apply to groups such as BLM or ANTIFA, as conceivably not all of those involved in such groups are hostile or dangerous? I'm willing to wager that most of those who lean to the right and who are opposed to BLM and their allies would have no qualms whatsoever in judging them as a whole, while making exceptions to other groups (like the police). With that said, if you still stand by your words then fair enough, I hope you apply such though to all groups/factions evenly then and make no exceptions even for those of groups you may disagree with.

@SpikeTalon Our Constitution demands that we convict by actions of individuals. Events like Nazi Germany are examples of judging by group, which must always wrongly convict the innocents within them.

police is there to enforce policies, they are not there to protect people, or enforce laws. That is why it is called police. In the us they do not even have an obligation to respond to an emergency, that was a case in the US supreme court (SCOTUS).

You're right about that, just wish more of my fellow Americans were aware of that. Police and bodyguards/security guards are two different things.

@SpikeTalon Thugs are Thugs.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:315228
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.