slug.com slug.com

1 2

Interesting piece about how and where former Presidents lived after leaving office.
The Obama family was "mov'n on up..." while the Trumans, the Eisenhowers, the Carters...just moved back home to humble surroundings.
[insider.com]

iThink 9 July 31

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Haha, should we really be that surprised at such a move, knowing how egotistical the Obamas are. That said, Trump's move wasn't surprising to me either.

Trump was already wealthy before he took office and he owns that resort. Its home to him.

@iThink True, but that doesn't make him any less materialist though. Just because he owned it prior to taking office, does not mean he couldn't have downsized afterwards. Like I mentioned above, not shocked at all by his move there.

@SpikeTalon why would Trump or anyone else "downsize" - besides its not like the resort is the only place he could choose to live in...I'm pretty sure he owns property in NY and other places.
Trump, like the Bush's and a few others is accustomed to living that way. I think he likes Mara Lago because of the golf.
To me the thing of note is the Obamas. Hardly 2 nickels to rub together before he was potus and afterwards he buys that huge place in DC plus I believe he has a place at Marthas Vinyard...

@iThink It was mostly about the Obamas, and by downsizing I was referring to how Presidents of the past had lived their lives after serving their respective terms, was all.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:357128
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.