slug.com slug.com

1 0

Massimo Luciani - The National Ignition Facility (NIF) produced more energy than that used from nuclear fusion:

[english.netmassimo.com]

#NationalIgnitionFacility #NIF #LawrenceLivermore #LLNL #LASER #Deuterium #Tritium #NuclearFusion #Fusion #NuclearEnergy #CleanEnergy #Energy #NuclearPhysics #Physics

alexanderrogge 7 Dec 16

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The reason fusion has not yet been safely possible in 75 years is that its either a bomb that is completely uncontrollable, or it is created by a simulation of the conditions that happen when a bomb goes off - which requires a massive amount of energy from another source, if it isn't coming from the fusion explosion itself.

So the real danger is a massive explosion, not a meltdown. Failing to admit that is dishonest.

Remember, politicians attempting to assert authority over science created Chernobyl.

Furthermore, I question any source that blindly assumes asserting that not producing CO2 is a good thing, as the World levels of atmospheric CO2 move lower than they have been in the history of the World, and potentially threatens the loss of all plant life, which feeds us and provides the Oxygen that we breathe.

Q Fusion is meaningless. Q Total is the excess energy produced. Claiming a "breakthrough" without proof of Q Total is ridiculous.

Zeihan claims transmission is an issue. Ridiculous. The reason its called a distributed network NOW is because it takes thousands of megawatts generated at large power stations and divides it up successfully in conventional switchgear to distribute power easily across high voltage, low amperage lines, requiring no unusual conductivity. Would larger switchgear be needed? Doubtful. If power were generated from heat taken off at multiple points, which would be logical, it would be no different than conventional large power stations, no matter how many times it was scaled up.

The thing is, there are no elements or compounds on Earth that can contain “temperatures greater than the sun.” THAT’s the problem. Not transmission.

How do I know? I am a BSME who worked in the power industry - including nuclear in my career.

Given the record of the Biden Administration for ignorance and utter blindness to consequence, I would not rule them out setting back any possible fusion progress for hundreds of years, if they are actually dumb enough to drive the attempt.

But this has all the hallmarks of several prior claims of successful fusion power production, which proved to be false, and places it in the bad company of "Cold Fusion," the debacle of respected scientists claiming to have produced fusion without heat, and being utterly discredited. Perfect for Democrat subterfuge.

It has the hallmarks of a political boondoggle of massive funds with no accountability, that will no doubt end up funding more stolen elections.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:387783
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.