slug.com slug.com

8 13

Voting by mail in 2020 would create chaos to advantage Democrats-
[thefederalist.com]

Personally, I don't like the idea of voting by mail, too much potential for cheating to occur.

SpikeTalon 10 May 26

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That would severely hamper the Republicans who are cheating through the state legislatures and the judicial system.

Participation in our Republic means getting off your rear-end and voting.

Can we help those who are shut in and/or have difficulty moving? Yes. I will be willing to help anyone - pick them up, assist them, drive them home.

Vote by mail should not be the norm. It should be the exception. Start working on “social distancing” voting locations if some feel this is what’s needed.

I used to think the stories of voter fraud were bunk. I’m sad to say that is no longer the case.

Couldn’t agree more

The only ones in support of this are lefties and Democrats. That should be a clear indication that it's partisan, thus rigged.

When I lived in Utah, we did mail in. was not that bad but Utah goes red no matter what

We haven't seen a problem with it here in Utah.

I suspect that the way democrats currently do things, those states which are controlled by democrats will be the bottleneck.

But ... we are an increasingly digital society ... I don't think voting by mail is the answer. I think some kind of a crypto voting system is the way to go. But we, as a society, aren't ready to have that discussion because it requires a level of personal responsibility we just don't have.

My issue with adding technology to voting is there becomes a single point to influence in order to potentially change the outcome of an election.

I’m not saying voting fraud does not already happen, I’m saying this could exponentially exacerbate the issue. Especially if a single company, software, tech, etc is awarded the contract.

Part of the Electoral College’s role is to be “harder” to manipulate because someone would need to manipulate enough of those voting electors to stand a real chance at actually changing the outcome of an election.

As it stands right now, using a decentralized system it makes it more difficult for those who wish to circumvent a proper election. I fear that’d be lost if we go to something standardized.

@AmericEvan I agree, which is why I'm not advocating for it "right now."

However, I'm not suggesting centralized control of a voting system or software, at least any more than is already there.

The software we eventually use should be open-sourced so that anyone can see how the code works and even submit changes for review. There will need to be a gatekeeper of course, but the process of gatekeeping will need to be open as well like current open-source software is managed.

The biggest problem though is requiring people to manage their own permanent digital identification. I have no answers for that.

Democrats can get out and vote, but all they seem to care about is who becomes president. They tend to ignore the state elections, and therefore shoot themselves in the foot.

@dd54 I get nothing is going to be infallible, but we need to do our best. We do need voter ID laws. Who says we need a photo ID? Why not create a biometric system. Voter shows up to the polls, scans their fingerprints, gets a facial recognition scan, and a photo pops up on the system alerting the poll worker if they’re registered, and whether or not they’ve voted. All the voter needs to do is complete the registration process in person - with proof of who they are, including citizenship.

Is that idea perfect? Of course not. I’ve been awake for maybe 15 minutes and just typed it while I blinked sleep out of my eyes. But it’s more than what we’ve been offered to date.

Voting by mail is not legal with voting regulations. Notary witness signatures would be required on mail in ballots. The problem is restrictions of what you are voting for (Democrat or Republican) and who counts the votes.

I'm not sure why you think this ... it may not be legal in your state, but Utah has had voting by mail for at least two years. And I'm not talking about absentee voting ... I get my ballots in the mail about a month before any election; city, county, state and federal.

I did my census stuff online. Got a unique ID in the mail and used that. What about that for voting? Much less, though non-zero, potential for abuse than mail voting.

Yeah, same here.

One thing that any technology seems to cause is concern about how to prevent fraud ... but fraud is already happening with the old or current way of doing things ...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:99355
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.