slug.com slug.com

8 4

Is it OK to be able to laugh at the absurdities of your own political position or is it being disloyal to it? Does recognizing valid points of view from your opponents make you disloyal? Is it better to stick to the party line or try to see beyond it? What approaches to problems have a better shot at mitigating them?

Pand0ro 7 June 12

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think being genuinely honest (without agenda) in any situation will far outweigh having to choose when faced with a socially "moral" dilemma.

Testing my own position is why I post here.
I am actively looking for valid points from those who disagree with me.
I do not have a party line as I do not support any party fully.

Sure... laugh, especially at yourself. Never take yourself too seriously 🙂

Loyalty to a principle is just how principles work; they're useless otherwise.
Loyalty to an entire set of ideas that tacitly "go together"... is dangerous, that's just ideology; zealotry.
Some of those ideas are almost certainly absurd... and just plain wrong.
If you cling to wrong arguments... that just makes you wrong. Examining alternate points of view will help you weed those out.
Even when the other person is wrong, they still might have a good point... you might both be wrong.

How the hell can you be “Disloyal” to your own thought processes?
Thought processes are like anything else ...
Valid until further information reveals them to be as idiotic as you just realized they are ...

It's better to be truthful and genuine.

If you agree with all view points from your preferred political platform, you're not capable of critical thought, in my opinion. Some different points of view from across the aisle could very well make sense, but there should absolutely be a dialogue as to why it makes sense to you. It doesn't make you disloyal. It makes you a person that can think on their own, and that follows the beat of their own drum on certain topics. Never give up your principles for what someone else thinks or believes. We are seeing a lot of absorption on the side of the left, with not a single Liberal able to consider a different point of view. To them, every opinion should mirror their own, and that just isn't how the world works. It never will. They are called sheep and NPC's for a reason. None of their opinions are their own. Their ideas have been processed, dictated, and provided for them. And, there are a lot of Conservatives that are the same way. They're given marching orders, and they never question why they're marching. Be your own person, with your own thought processes, and don't necessarily subscribe to any one particular ideology. See both sides of the fence, and what runs between, and judge for yourself what makes most sense, act upon it, and don't worry about how others will feel about it, or how others will see you.

That’s gonna take 3 shots of booze and a snooze to allow me to decide whether you just said; “Thought processes are like anything else ... Valid until further information reveals that they are as idiotic as you just realized they are ...

NPCs... that's perfect

I think realizing that no political party is perfect by all means is a better way to show that American freedom is taken for granted by those that can’t accept the mistakes in their own party.... Right now we are witnessing definition changes in the dictionary and history being rewritten along with the removal of some......

Absolutely
Look for common ground
If it isn’t productive it’s a waste of opportunity

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:103706
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.