slug.com slug.com

1 0

Trump to expand DOJ's 'Operation Legend' to Chicago, Albuquerque amid unrest

[foxnews.com]

#FOXNEWS #OPERATIONLEGEND

RAZE 7 July 22

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mr President, do what you need to do to protect federal assets. Leave it up to the states to invite you to help them in their jurisdictions, and go in if asked. If they allow the uprising to continue in their jurisdiction without requesting federal aid, they are only damaging their own reelection prospects and diluting blue votes.

@JVIP-WTPNN It's an incredibly sad situation, I know... but at the end of the day, you can only do what you can do.

@DaveO276 I think there is no doubt that the President has the legal authority to use the military if he deems it necessary, and he may do so without the consent of the governors of the states in question or the mayors of the cities in question. Up to now, however, he has only used federal law enforcement to protect federal assets. I am not sure if it would be best for him to use the military at this point or not. This article argues that he should not (although with different reasons than yours):

[forbes.com]

@JVIP-WTPNN That would certainly be a good idea in addition the use of uniformed cops (as well as the possible use of military). But I strongly suspect that there may already be plain clothes federal officers involved.

@KeithThroop Great article! I completely agree with those points.

@JVIP-WTPNN This needs to be dealt with strategically. We are dealing with Marxists waging fourth and fifth generation warfare... Yes, this is quite literally destroying lives. At the same time, it is more of a PR war than anything else. There will be plenty of time to deal with Lightfoot once the PR war is won against the insurgents. Everything that has gone wrong in Chicago in this situation is on her head.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115140
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.