slug.com slug.com

1 0

"Not to put too fine a point on it, the goal of the United States is global domination. This goal is shared by the entire political elite and major portions of the population, though it is nearly never discussed openly or directly. Instead, it is framed in terms of “American Leadership”, “New American Century”, and of course “American Exceptionalism” which is used to justify any policy that violates international law, treaties, or agreements."
[thesaker.is]

lawrenceblair 8 July 25

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aside from the fact that the author doesn't really define precisely what he means by "global domination" (unless I missed it in my brief perusal of the article), I cannot agree with much of his assessment. For example, he seems to think that the U.S. is simply forcing themselves upon their European allies by keeping bases in so many of their countries, when it reality these countries have wanted our bases so that they do not have to defend themselves alone but can count on American military power to help defend them. And, despite the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Russia is still up to its old tricks and cannot be trusted no matter how much they seem to be cozying up to France and Germany, so even these two countries aren't exactly pleading for us to remove our bases from Europe. But the main thing is that, to stick with the current example, if we really have been all about "global domination," there wouldn't even be a France or Germany now. We would have made them U.S. possessions following WW2. As it stands, however, we've only asked for enough land to bury our dead after liberating France and helping to establish Germany as an economic powerhouse, along with enough land for bases not only to protect our own interests as their allies but also to protect them.

The point is that our history belies such an accusation, and I can see no good evidence that things are different now. As for the article, is seems to me quite a bit of supposition without real, concrete evidence.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116062
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.