slug.com slug.com

2 2

Trump promises permanent cut to payroll tax funding Social Security and Medicare if he’s reelected

[msn.com]

RAZE 7 Aug 9

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can the president do that?

Good question. He would have to propose legislation that passes both houses, which I don't see happening. He certainly cannot do it by means of executive order. The only reason the current executive order might survive is only because it is temporary deferment of the tax, at least as I understand it. Even then, it might be struck down by the courts. We'll see.

@KeithThroop I agree. For the current executive order to be struck down by the courts, someone would have to bring a lawsuit, right? Anyone who does that will probably get themselves some seriously bad publicity!

@DaveO276 Yes, I think if they were smart they would at least wait until after the election. But, then, they haven't been too smart lately.

He needs to get re-elected first, and every vote counts folks.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:120595
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.