slug.com slug.com

2 2

LINK 25th Amendment! Is Pelosi Plotting to Remove Trump? | Todd Starnes

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy. Give it up. You couldn't remove Donald J. Trump from office so now you want to try to claim he is non compos mentis. Donald J. Trump is more compos mentis than you are. Now if it were Joe Biden you might have a chance but not with our president.

turnerjolene48 7 Oct 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is the situation as I see it...

As the law stands, Nancy Pelosi can't invoke the 25th amendment. Only the VP AND a majority of the cabinet can do that.

With enough votes in both chambers (which would be nearly impossible this side of the election at least), congress could make a provision by law that a majority of a different body could be used instead of the cabinet, but the requirement for the VP's approval can only be removed by constitutional amendment.

Pence would have to turn on Trump (or be incapacitated himself) in order to have the 25th amendment successfully invoked against Trump. It would then go to congress, where a minimum 2/3 majority in BOTH chambers would be required to overcome a presidential veto (which I am sure Trump would use). The impeachment tactic didn't work, so I can't see the 25th amendment working.

If the 25th amendment were somehow successfully invoked, and Trump was removed from office, Mike Pence would be next in line for the presidency. They would have to find a way to remove him too for Nancy Pelosi to get the job.

I can't imagine Pence turning on Trump. There are people who have at least hinted that they are working to find ways to remove both of them through the 25th amendment, but I have yet to hear of a suggestion I believe might work - short of having some misfortune (or "misfortune" ) befall one (or both) of them...

As I read the 25th Amendment, it looks to me like you’ve reasoned things out correctly.

@turnerjolene48 I have no doubt the Democrats could very quickly assemble a committee of people who would love to activate the 25th amendment against Trump should they miraculously (this side of the election) be granted the authority by means of a law enacted through both chambers of congress and then not successfully vetoed by the president.

The rest of the process would be virtually impossible, though, meaning that the plan would almost certainly fail to remove Trump.

If the Democrats win the presidency, the 25th amendment will undoubtedly be used successfully to remove President Biden and install President Harris. Biden probably wouldn't challenge it, and may even activate it himself.

I think HRC's political career is over. Democrats hate her, too.

Need we bring up the “Good morning, Sunday morning” incident, Ms. Pelosi? 🤭

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:138868
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.