slug.com slug.com

1 3

This conflict is escalating and i fear we might get involved somehow but I hope that doesn't happen. The Nargono-karabakh population is 80% Armenian, Very poor and has been a part of Armenia for over a thousand years but in 1924 a murdering dictator named Joseph Stalin decided to give it to Azerbaijan ( No reason?) who are ethnic turks and speak a different language. Though no one there in Nargono wants to be part of Azerbaijan, they either want independence or be a part of Armenia again but Azerbaijan dosen't care.Turkey openly supports Azerbaijan, and militarily aids them with reports of mujuhadeen fighters being paid by turkey under the table.
Iran and Armenia have long diplomatic and historical ties. Russia usually backs Armenia but hasn't done anything yet while Europe just twiddles their thumbs. What can we do or should we not get involved?

Grandoodle 7 Oct 9

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a very sad situation. I don't see it as the west's fight. This is for the two countries to sort out between themselves. The international community can certainly provide diplomatic and humanitarian aid if they want to, but I wouldn't condone military intervention unless enemy countries like Iran try to exploit the situation to expand their influence in the region.

We cannot try to be the world's police, coming to the aid of every wronged party, even though we are saddened by their plight and would like to be able to help. I think your response strikes the right balance.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:139061
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.