slug.com slug.com

5 2

LINK The Social Dilemma | Official Trailer | Netflix - YouTube

I hear this is a real eye opener. Has anyone seen it yet?

#Netflix
#TheSocialDilemma

KanjaG 7 Oct 15

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here a small summary:
[en.wikipedia.org]
Beware of Wikipedia though, they "might" be biased, if they talk about "conspiracy theories" my blood pressure rises and they seem to think that pizzagate is just some pizza recipe desaster (or something like that, I never looked into it, but "I guess" there is some truth in it, perhaps more truth than I want to know). Oh and of course they have to bring in the flat earthers, if you want to discredit something, just pull it together with something so bizarre that everyone will think that it must be dubious. Wikipedia, by now one of the leftists basecamps.

I left Netflix behind some time ago, so I won't be seeing it. I'll wait to read the commentary here on Slug.

I don't do Netflix so, no I haven't seen it. I also don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any other main stream social media sites. Just here on Slug with you guys.

Have you done any background search on this?

The irony of Netlfix hosting this on their platform and probably producing, while also hosting and defending "Cuties." Literally pedofilia normalization propaganda movie.

My advice is, do not rely on anything Netflix does as good source for truth. if you read Netflix in the title, run the other way. If you don't bealive me, do your own investigation of the company and its investers and motives. From Obama and Clintons to CEO of Netflix himself being as dirty as they come. How does one trust such a group of people?

They care only about money and if you see who is behind their funding, and what projects are being funded, it truly is a social dilemma, but not for me. Netlfix is not the company I see for content.

As for the Social Dilemma so called documentary, its a tried and true political vehicle at this point isn't it.

I remember when I first was watching The Corporation is a 2003. "The documentary" examines the modern-day corporation. Bakan wrote the book, The Corporation: The Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power, during the filming of the documentary.

Or An Inconvenient Truth is a 2006 American concert/documentary film directed by Davis Guggenheim about former United States Vice President Al Gore's campaign to educate people about global warming.

Or Four Horsemen is a 2012 British documentary film directed by Ross Ashcroft. The film criticises the system of fractional reserve banking, debt-based economy and political lobbying by banks, which it regards as a serious threat to Western civilisation. It criticises the War on Terror, which it maintains is not fought to eliminate al-Qaeda and other militant organizations, but to create larger debt to the banks. As an alternative, the film promotes a return to classical economics and the gold standard. Among those interviewed are Joseph Stiglitz, former chief economist at the World Bank; Noam Chomsky, linguistics professor; John Perkins, author of Confessions of an Economic Hit Man; ecological economist and steady-state theorist Herman Daly, formerly at the World Bank; and Max Keiser, TV host and former trader.

Remember that? They all had one thing in common. Capitalism bad, world is dying, get you emotionally pumped and than quietly suggest or imply Marxism utopia as solution to all our problems. Yeah right. or should I say, yeah left.

Same style of talking heads and one sided narrative of how world is collapsing all is bad, very emotional, compilation of deliberately disturbing images, complied in a narrative. On Netflix of all places, talking about fake news.

Here is another irony as Nell Minow writes about Social Dillema:

"The most important lesson from "The Social Dilemma" is that we should question everything we read online, especially if it is presented to us in a way that reflects a detailed understanding of our inclinations and preferences. And we should resist the "attention extraction model" that makes social media seem friendly and reinforcing.

The film's biggest mistake is a poorly-conceived dramatic re-enactment of some of the perils of social media. Even the wonderfully talented Skyler Gisondo cannot make a sequence work where he plays a teenager seduced by extremist disinformation, and the scenes with Vincent Kartheiser embodying the formulas that fight our efforts to pay attention to anything outside of the online world are just silly. The excellent feature films "Disconnect" and "Trust" have illustrated these issues far better.

"The Social Dilemma" is from Jeff Orlowski, who gave us the similarly terrifying "what are we doing to ourselves" documentaries "Chasing Coral" and "Chasing Ice." This one might as well be called "Chasing Us" as it asks fundamental and existential questions about whether we are literally writing (with code) ourselves out of the ability to make vital decisions about our own survival."

Why is that important, well who is Jeff Orlowski, what is his agenda, and who finances all this, and why would it be on Netflix?

Jeff Orlowski is an American filmmaker. He is best known for both directing and producing the Emmy Award-winning documentary Chasing Ice (2012) and Chasing Coral (2017).

Chasing Ice is a 2012 documentary film about the efforts of nature photographer James Balog and his Extreme Ice Survey (EIS) to publicize the effects of climate change, directed by Jeff Orlowski. It was released in the United States on November 16, 2012.

Chasing Coral is a 2017 documentary film about a team of divers, scientists and photographers around the world who document the disappearance of coral reefs. Chasing Coral was produced by Exposure Labs and directed by Jeff Orlowski. It premiered at the 2017 Sundance Film Festival and was released globally on Netflix as a Netflix Original Documentary in July 2017.

Ok, do you notice a pattern in his documentaries? The themes? And who is behind this. The style of videos? The world will end, be afraid, be very afraid. And what is the solution.... while marxism off course.

I would take from Social Dillema only one advice: Don't trust everything you read or see online. The social dilemma is disingenuous like all of Jeff Orlowski works and its a clearly emotional propaganda piace not a documentary where you have both sides of the story equally represented.

Jeff Orlowski is not a documentary filmmaker, he is an activist for social change, cosplaying a documentary filmmaker. If you scratch the surface, you will find Marxism everywhere you look.

Orlowski came from humble beginnings on Staten Island.

Before scaling massive glaciers, he was on the debate team at Bernstein Intermediate School in Huguenot.

The Stuyvesant High School graduate went on to become the grand prize winner of 2004′s MTV Free Ride Essay Contest, which “celebrated higher education and the pursuit for a cleaner environment.” The then-19-year-old took home a hybrid Toyota Prius and $50,000 in scholarships for winning. He went on to graduate from Stanford University in 2007.

Standford University? Its not a red flag, its a freaking red banner.

That is like Firefox, literally sending me newsletters about how big tech is bad and they don't respect your privacy, and than tells me I should read The Guardian for information and that they are building feminist AI for future.... I shit you not.

If you watch the "Social Dilemma" and you see all kinds of examples of bad missinformation, but you don't find anything about neoliberalism or marxism, it should be a red flag. How about climate change lies spread on social media. You won't find anything about that in his "Social Dilemma" because that is his line of business.

All I'm saying is watch it, see for yourself, but please don't take it for face value.

"Social Dilemma" Brought to yuo by Jeff Orlowski as seen in: The Guardian, El País, Los Angeles Times, Rotten Tomatoes, Seattle Times, Common Sense Media, Common Dreams, The Press Democrat, Gulf Times, Delectable

For a good balanced actual documentary reference, I would say best most balanced one I've seen was Side by Side is a 2012 American documentary film directed by Christopher Kenneally. It was produced by Justin Szlasa and Keanu Reeves.

The documentary investigates the history, process and workflow of both digital and photochemical film creation.

Each side of the debate gets equal time to talk and make their case. At the end its up to the viewer to decided which one they though made better arguments. really well done.

Side by Side (2012) .... for reference about what is good balanced documentary done with integrity.

Beware of one sided narratives.

@KanjaG No problem. But off course, best to do your own do diligence and find where you stand , beyond what I said or someone else. For me its best to listen to potential sources and than find other sources to see if there is a good reference. For me reference is important because if you can't compare it to anything else, its hard to say how good or bad it is. We need a reference. So variety of consumption helps to get various references and than one can compare and see how it stacks up against competition.

This is true for films, music, art, literature everything.

Just my experience and 2 cents. 🙂

This looks like it will be well worth watching.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:140641
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.