slug.com slug.com

2 2

Some random stuff, courtesy of Dorothy Evans-Lara:

The Welsh in Chicago were hard workers and easily assimilated into the American way of life ... My father, Arthur E. Evans was born at home on the north side of Chicago in July of 1913 to my Welsh grandparents. A doctor came to the home to deliver my dad. When he was born, my father told me he was blue and silent and the doctor placed him in a shoe box under the bed while he worked on my grandmother. A few minutes later, my father let out a loud cry! My dad said it was because he wanted to let everyone know that he "was HERE and not yet ready to leave the earthly plane!" That's how my dad came into the world.
Attached is a photo of my father in 1914 at one year of age and my grandmother, Mae (Williams) Evans enjoying a summer day at the beach along Lake Michigan.

Naomi 8 Nov 9

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The way the woman is dressed in 1914, she looks middle class?

You may be right.

That is a horrifying story .

I am glad he pulled through.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:148608
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.