slug.com slug.com

1 2

I think I may have posted this before, but if not:

The bone in my spine became infected 7 years ago and they had to remove 2 vertebra and 3 discs (T5 & T6) and replace them with a LARGE chunk of metal. Because they had to cut a root nerve, I was left with numbness across the middle section of my torso but also put on Gabapentin. The damage to the spinal cord when the bone collapsed onto it affects my balance primarily but as I built strength into my legs, I have resumed all my daily and fun activities (golf, ocean swimming, biking) - much to the amazement of all my care providers. After 5 years I was able to stop all meds EXCEPT Gabapentin - and now there is suggestions that it might have helped me recover better and faster (not having pain was a very important part of my recovery).

[medicalxpress.com]

tracycoyle 8 Jan 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That xray looks like a horror movie

The first time I saw the x-ray I thought it looked like an alien device on my back....still think of it that way.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:179562
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.