slug.com slug.com

4 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would seem that Islam and Free Speech are not aligned. I wonder why a "robust" religion would fear or not tolerate scrutiny. I think I am right in saying that other religions tolerate ridicule etc. They are comfortable in their beliefs.

This is a question that needs to be carefully framed - ANY religion can be shown to have inspired fanatical devotion and, from that, devolved into committing heinous acts. The story of Catholic v Protestant in the reformation is a somber reminder. There have also been religiously based terrorists in both the Gurkha society and Hindu society during the 20th Century.

Merely hanging a label on "Islam" allows the terrorists and fanatics to hide behind the cloak of respectability of the majority of Muslims who do not use their religion to indulge their inner fantasies.

I am NOT saying that Islam does not have a terrorism problem - it clearly does. Not just the grisly sequences the world has been privy to from 9/11 through the ISIS/ISIL Moronity and all manner of atrocities in between, but also the constant assassination of people within Islam who are from the "other" camp.

How do we go about helping those who wish to use their Faith for a better life for themselves and their families gain control over the small but influential and psychotic fanatics? How can we help this religion bring itself out of this morass?

Acts of terrorism are not an inherent part of the other religions that you mention. That is a BIG difference and is a difference that keeps them in the camp of being religions. Islam is not a religion but is a political supremacist movement that allows nothing else to exist. It is only in Islam that you can atone for your sins by killing others who are Kafir.
Hindus who immigrate to the West do not try to make Hinduism the nation's religion. Nor do the demand that our schools make accommodation for their children.
Islam is inherently violent. Mohammed was violent and he is the example for all Muslims. Any Muslim can become violent because they are all deputized to carry out what the Koran commands.

@DrN1 Why is it that anyone who hates Islam has to be ignorant of the religion? Why can't it make sense that we hate Islam because we know all about it or at least enough to know that it is a threat? It isn't as if Islam doesn't have a history of conquest, murder and destruction of other civilizations. Do you know of any POST Islamic societies other than Spain? We have post Colonial societies all over the world. We have the post Roman society, Inca, Greek, Hindu, Buddhist, Native American and even post Communists and Nazi etc. but there is only one post Islamic society which is Spain, where Islam has disappeared.
We also have the Human Rights track record of Islamic societies today and none of it is good. I'll ask you to tell me any Muslim society where you think you can go and live the same lifestyle with the same freedoms as those that you have in the West?
I have all the knowledge of Islam that I need and even that is more than I would ever want. Islam is a scourge on humanity. There is no culture that has destroyed more civilizations, killed more people and arrested human development.
If you really think that then I'd love you to tell it to Islam's victims.

A shame the progressive crowd doesn't realize just how dangerous the religion of Islam is.

I am in no way an advocate of Islam, but doesn't the danger lie in the interpretation? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Islam and Christianity are very similar. As I said, I've always thought the danger would be in how a particular sect interpreted the religious texts. For example, the Inquisition, ISIS, killing homosexuals, etc. On the flip side you have missionaries and other religious charities. My point is that it seems a bit dangerous to assume someone is an extremist simply because they are Muslim. That being said, it does seem that anyone who supports Sharia law would be an extremist. I'm not sure what to think about the whole "Islam is inherently evil" idea. Thoughts?

@Williambyler I was only talking about Islam there, and you are correct about other religions being similar. The ideaology itself is/can be dangerous, but that doesn't necessarily mean all adherants to said religion are morally corrupt and actively seeking to cause harm to others.

@Williambyler islam and Christianity have nothing in common. Christianity came before Islam and any commonalities you may think you see are only there because Mohammed ripped off Christianity in order to recruit the Christians of his day to his new faith. There is nothing Abrahamic about Islam.
Islam teaches that Christianity is the corrupt faith even though it came first. Islam doesn't believe in the death of Jesus on the cross, Islam believes that things corrupt us and not that corruption comes from within us, Islam doesn't believe in the equality of all people, Islam teaches that Allah prefers that we pray in Arabic. And lastly Islam is the ultimate works based religion for attaining salvation.
Islam is evil. Every Muslim is a recruit to the evil that is Islam. There is no such thing as a peaceful Muslim because Muslims are not allowed to take kafirs as friends. Mohammed was clear on all of this.
Muslims must fight kafirs to the death if they refuse to submit to dhimmi status or convert. Muslims are allowed to lie to unbelievers if it will furthur the cause of Islam.
Only Western Christian countries have free speech. Muslim countries don't. And Muslims who live in Western countries are doing their best to destroy free speech in them.

That's what people in USA don't get and seem willing to throw away, is that the ability to say anything is the truest human ability, and is scary to those only seeking to rule and dictate

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20836
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.