slug.com slug.com

4 1

Was it a ghost or was it the wind?

Is a ghost a living entity or the observation of an unexplained phenomena?

• 1 vote
  • 4 votes
Facci 7 Mar 1

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd sooner believe that it was a higher interdimensional consciousness tappinginto our reality than it being the ghosts of our loved ones sending signals. I'm not a complete skeptic but by the same token, logic still has to be applied somewhat... Even if the topic is of the supernatural etc.

I want to thank everyone for your patience and participation. Please forgive my simplistic queries, but I'm trying to define terms and concepts in an ultrasimplistic manner. Clearly, the result of these posts have embarrassingly exposed the elementary nature of my thoughts. I hope to build on these thoughts and conversations in the future.

An unexplained phenomena.

Do you accept the word "ghost" as a description of an unexplained phenomena?

@Facci Can't say I do...

Hypothetically speaking. ?

If someone sees an object move, but does not see what moved it, and they call it a ghost, what is the accurate definition?

@Facci The definition of a ghost is an apparition manifesting as a person.

Seeing something move but not what moved it is usually considered evidence of a poltergeist which (oddly enough) is also defined in part as a ghost or spirit because supposedly they are capable of biting or pinching people while flinging objects about.

So apparently you can see a ghost but it is incapable of doing anything but...well, hanging about..perhaps in boredom.

If you see objects move but not what moves them...you have either a poltergeist or...an earthquake!

If you don't believe in either ghosts OR poltergeists and something is still apparently tap dancing about, you are most likely having yourself a really WEIRD weekend.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21123
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.