slug.com slug.com

7 5

LINK Why has masculinity become a dirty word? - UnHerd

Douglas Murray's take on toxic masculinity / femininity

pbuck0145 8 Mar 3

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because the conversation is usually led by people who have the most time to spend speaking. Those who are living life and are happy have very little to complain about. Comment cards are usually negative for this reason. Negativity begs acknowledgement and a response.

Republicans and men seem to, by a wider margin "shut up and work" more so than liberal women. They tend to be more outspoken in their grievances.

Narratives are usually driven by people with too much time on their hands and no real meaningful work to sink their teeth into.

Douglas Murray always talks good sense. We could do with a Douglas Murray fan group on here.

It comes down to victims and victimizers. The victimizers are white (oppressors), Christian (intolerant), capitalist (thieves), American (imperialists), heterosexual (boring), males (toxic). If you are one of these, it’s bad but if you are some or all of them, you need to die (to quote Oprah). As for masculinity, they demonize it by Caricaturing it by choosing all real and imagined negative aspects of it, magnify them and ignore any good.

A great share. Thank you. I love being a woman and I love men and I don't see them as toxic. I love them so much that I married and divorced two of them and have remained friends with my ex husbands. I married again for the third time 11 years ago. I am also the mother of 4 sons who I love to the moon and back. The first book that I read in support of boys was The Wonder of Boys by Michael Gurian. I was a busy mom with football and wrestling, drama and band which all started with being a cub scout den mother and learning when it was time for me to step aside and allow men to step in. However, I could tell you tales that would make your hair stand on end of the battles that I fought with school administrators over the years. I pray for the return of recess and the elimination of psychotropic drugs on children.

A relevant meme:

I worked altering bridal clothing for years. Many of my clients were new teachers. I often advised them not to make little boys into little girls. I simply said, "Some day soon our country will need real men."

I don't believe its masculinity thats under attack, I believe that its "fake masculinity". What I mean by this is that in every type of species there are alphas and betas. Having played sports and served in the military you get a sense for each one and how they act. Real Alphas are usually fairly calm and level headed people because they are secure in themselves and their abilities. Betas are usually those that beat their chests and generally over exaggerate their displays of masculinity. You take the vast majority of navy seals, green berets or delta operators and you truly see the reason they are called quiet professionals. These guys have nothing to prove and they know they are the baddest guys walking the planet. No need for overt displays of masculinity but you still see some that are betas that learned to walk among alphas. The war is on betas who are insecure and overtly masculine to the point they beat thier chests constantly and try and pretend they are at the top of the food chain but are really scared of everything and everyone. These fakers beat women, drink to excess often times to get the balls to pick a fight, they are misogynistic because they constantly doubt themselves but make no mistake, these men are not masculine, they are scared little boys. The war is over "fake masculinity" and the sad part is that these beta males teach their children to emulate them perpetuating the cycle and yes this is toxic, but its. Ot masculinity. Most of your major bigots were betas trying to prove they were alphas. Yoda said it best " Fear becomes hate, hate becomes suffering and suffering becomes violence". (Paraphrasing) Masculine behavior is not the enemy and we need it for society to function but most people don't understand that everything they speak out about is generally the behavior of scared, weak and angry men with no real self esteem.

Having read Murray's article, which (alpha or beta) would you assess him to be?

@pbuck0145 He seems to have more of an Alpha Male sense about him though i have not actually met him so this is just my take. If he is an Alpha male he is mkre of a moderate Alpha or as we would say in the military "all business no play". He seems like a genuine person who is trying to stay ambivalent when it comes to the issue but he definetly has more of a stake in the issue than he lets on and this isent just because hes male.

I believe it's part of the agenda to distroy the family image as good for America. The man as the head of the household image is to be seen as as controlling and dominating abusive ect. And not loving, respected roll models ect. For children. We have " athletes star's polititcions" for single mother's children to look up to. Hope I'm making sense.

I believe you are right as well, but we have to look deeper to see who is really pushing this agenda. Hollywood aligns with polititcions who push the agenda so who is behind the politcions? My belief if Satan. By way of the cult. Every President ( i don't think Ragean) was a member of the free mason/ cross and bones society they are part of the illuminati said to ba a conspiracy. I have done much reseach on this subject.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21314
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.