slug.com slug.com

12 2

What's one of the most pressing problems you want to see solved? And what's one trivial problem you'd like to see solved?

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Serious: reduction of greenhouse gas emissions to sustainable levels.

trivial: airline boarding.

World hunger. My sciatica.

The integrity of our constitutional republic is the most pressing issue to me.
There should be stiff penalties for walking in the exit door at stores

"Never solve all your problems. Another one will jump up to take it's place".

That said: human trafficking/satanic ritual worship & ritual sacrifice of babies & children.

Trivial: My husband would magically and without prompting, put his dishes in the dishwasher...every time.

The Federal government is far too big. It has strayed too far from its constitutional authority.

Lobbying, lobbyists and the revolving doors between governmental agencies and the very industries they are supposed to be regulating. ...On the trivial side, I would like to see someone invent mirrored contact lenses. LOL.

I don't believe that American especially right wing American's can have faith in our government until the left wing and Democratic politicians are accountable for their crimes. While expensive investigation go on and on for Republican members, evident crimes of the same natural go unpunished for the left. I would like to see more Republican Congress men and women stand up for this. As for trivial I am tired of seeing senior citizen not being given their cost of living increases which are so minimal while benefits to illegal immigrants are a major expense to our government. Really, our seniors are begrudged this minute increase? They are being nickeled and dimed out of the market. Charging for plan B medical is ridiculous when illegals are getting full medicare.

Pollution, specifically plastics in our oceans.
Complete decriminalization of marijuana/cannabis.

Most pressing: election integrity.

If fair, honest elections are a certainty, then everything else can be resolved.

How about pressing with a trivial solution
Number 1 - Vitamins for children [copenhagenconsensus.com]
"Hoddinott, Rosegrant and Torero note that for about $100 per child, a bundle of interventions including micronutrients , improvements in diet quality and better care behaviours, chronic undernutrition could be reduced by 36 percent in developing countries. Chronic undernutrition has significant neurological consequences, adversely affecting the hippocampus, damaging chemical processes associated with spatial navigation, memory formation and reducing myelination of axon fibers. This damage leads to loss of cognitive abilities and hence lower incomes. Even in very poor countries such as Ethiopia and using very conservative assumptions, each dollar spent reducing chronic undernutrition has a $30 payoff. "

list of global problems ranked by Return on Investment -
2. Malaria 3. Immunization 4. Deworming of School Children 5. Tuberculosis 6. R and D farm tech to reduce effect of Global Warming on production 7. Disaster warning systems 8. Hospitals, etc...
[copenhagenconsensus.com]

Illegal immigration as it would solve a plethora of other major issues. Also remove marijuana from being in the same class as narcotics.

Starvation. As for trivial issues, I'd like to see public nudity be decriminalized.

...Um, there are some people you REALLY don't want to see naked. LOL. I recall having to go to a nudist colony trailer park (I shit you not) in Kissimmee for work a couple years ago. There are some things you can't unsee!

@James You always have the option of not looking in their direction though. I understand where you are coming from, I just don't think people should go to jail over a victimless crime is all.

...Tops are optional on South Beach. Just saying LOL. I hear you. Especially in one's own home. Not sure where to draw that line in a fair way - I don't see any problem with women baring their breasts. A butt is a butt. However, not sure I want to walk my 5yr old daughter past some strange dude sitting in his front lawn with his schlong dangling.

@James It's strictly your choice where you choose to walk, no one could force you to walk past a guy like you described above...

@SpikeTalon

Yes, but anti-nudity laws give people the assurance that they don't have to worry about that literally EVERYWHERE outside their own home.

Remove those laws, and you literally wouldn't be able to leave your house without the possibility of seeing that.

@jneedler So am I to believe that someone could only look in one direction then? I think the percentage of naturists in this country is still relatively low in comparison to those who are not naturists. I just don't want to see people going to jail just because they don't wear enough clothes, is all.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:21832
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.