slug.com slug.com

2 5

OK, so I'm getting up there in age (yuk) and along with that passage have the pleasure of hearing loss. Totally sucks and messes with a lot of prior pleasure in life. I've tried hearing aids and I'll tell you that is a real racket and I have yet to meet anyone who is really happy with them ... let alone their horrific cost.

I remember you used to see ads for small amplifiers you could wear and so I checked out good old Amazon. Bingo, I found what I was looking for and figured at less than $30.00 USD I had nothing to lose trying one out.

It arrived today and I am blown away with how effective it is. This silly broad could now easily eavesdrop on private conversations across the room if I were that sort of person which, thankfully I am not.

For those of you who might suffer similar problems, I am posting the link to the product I ordered. Note: The reviews suggested nicer sound if you matched it with the earphones you'd use for your cell phone. I did order Samsung earphones and they do work wonderfully ... smoother sound. the original earphones are OK, but I'm glad I ordered a better quality set.

[amazon.com]

toronto_Georgia 8 May 12

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm so glad you found something that helps you!

Thank you

Wow. I know hearing aids costs a fortune. So, you basically paid heaps of money for trash, and paid next to nothing for the golden egg? Thats sad!!! And good for you now, congrats with the newfound ability to hear!

I'm not used to hearing as much as I just did when outside. Traffic is one thing (we live on a busy country road although our property is a fair size) so interesting to hear vehicles barelling down the road, but it was wonderful to hear all the birds again too 🙂

Oddly though there are serious blessings that came with that loss, a nice peaceful world for the most part LOL

@toronto_Georgia You could always take them out, right?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:222572
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.