slug.com slug.com

2 3

Almost one-in-three Australians 'unlikely' to get vaccinated

guru 9 May 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Proud moment for Australia. 1 out of 3 has a brain. That's a lot more than a lot of other countries.

There is zero chance of me having it, I would rather live in a cave.

That's a lot more than Australia too. We're not the brightest bunch. Most of us are descended from criminals who got caught. Hardly criminal masterminds. The statistic is more likely about something other than intellect. One in three Australians are scared of needles? Or one in three slept in and missed their appointment or were too hung-over to get out of bed? Not sure what the reason is, but I assure you we don't have that many functioning brains over here.

As I see it, there is a simple fact that cannot be ignored about the vaccines: They were rushed in their production such that they were not properly tested in the same way that has always been required of previous vaccines. This means that those who are now getting the vaccines are essentially the final trial stage of testing. I think most people I know view it this way, and, as a matter of simple common sense, do not wish to be guinea pigs for such trials.

Here is another fact: Because there were no proper long-term trials, no one knows what the long-term effects of the vaccines could be. So, again, many people have simply made the common sense decision not to get vaccinated, especially since they do know at this point that there is almost nothing to fear from the Wuhan Flu for the vast majority of people.

Guys like the man interviewed in the video above seem to think we are too ignorant or fearful to get vaccinated, but the truth is that we are not so fearful as to be manipulated into getting it.

I'll take the jab, in 5 years if the vaccine has been properly tested and the effects outweighs the side effects. No problem. I've taken a lot of vaccines. Tetanus shots, BCG, mumps... You name it, I've taken it. And when the swine flu was raging I was anxiously waiting for the vaccine to come to my area. I got the swine flu before that happened. And booooyyy was that a bad bad bad flu. But turns out the vaccine was worse, with a number of people dead and thousands suffering side effects to this day. That's when I woke up from the "all vaccines are good for you" sleep and I began being sceptical and doing my own research.

I'm in a bind dude. I'm in the high risk category for COVID - A+ blood type, over 50, smoker. This makes getting the vaccine probably a good idea, yet with no stats about high-risk groups for the vaccine, it could still be that the jab is more dangerous statistically than the disease.

@Hamulus I agree that your position is a difficult one, and you may well decide that the potential risks of the vaccine outweigh any potential risks of the disease (or of the disease with the vaccine). In one sense, you are in the same situation as the rest of us; you are weighing the risks. But for most of us, who do not share the health issues you've mentioned, the calculation is just an easier one to make.

I am 55 myself, but with O+ blood, and I stopped smoking when I was 21, so I am not as greatly at risk according to the "science" thus far. I have actually had the Wuhan Flu already, though, and I was sick for a good 10 days (body aches, severe headache, fever, dry cough that lasted well beyond the 10 days, albeit much less severe). Frankly, it was not nearly as hard on me as when I had the Beijing Flu back in the winter of 1993-1994 as a significantly younger man. That flu knocked me out for three weeks.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:224892
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.