slug.com slug.com

5 1

How to get people of different awareness levels to think and discuss

I am greatly challenged by the thinkers in the IDW. My young co-workers are just as challenged by me. How do I communicate ideas, or even, the idea of ideas across awareness and/or intelligence levels? It’s lije they trust me. They believe me. They just don’t want to turn their brains on for anything that’s just a little challenging

#IDW
BobbyL31 4 Mar 18

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

all the sudden become dumbstruck and start asking them how to fix things "you can't quite figure out". Then a "damn dude, how did you do that? Youre ALOT smarter than i thought." and then overcomplicate how you were thinking it and point out how they simplified your thinking on the process. It may engage the drive in them.

Or doublete your personal effort at work. Charge hard at your own efforts while skippin and humming around. Get that drivin drum beat stuck in your head. Like heavy metal jazz punk fusion. Good soul tunes from the heart. Honest effort. Full throttle. Smillin and bobbin your head during the "breezy" parts of the workday. Heartbeat silence during the focused part. Always with a chipper beat. Show them you can do twice the work every once in a while pretty easily, but you rock and roll to long you burn out.

Engage their personal interests by talking ti them. If you know something about them, put your mind on discovering something that they can draw into the work zone from a hobby. Try yo merge and splice ideas together.

Ask them if they have ever heard the phrase "APPLY YOUR MIND TO YOUR YOUR WORK AT HAND" and then ask them to write 3 to 5 paragraphs on what they think that sentence means and How it is different than knowing what to do. When they are finished start shiwing them some of the amazing humans videos and contrast that with some workplace accident videos.

Demonstrate/discuss the process of thinking and changing your mind, on issues large and small. If you want to teach people that it's OK to change your mind and grow in knowledge, be ready to give show them concrete examples in your life: what did you used to believe (and why) and what do you now believe (and why).

"I used to think I would never get an SUV, but it's the right vehicle for my family right now."

"I used to vote based on party because I trusted them, but now I read about the candidates. I'm still mostly ...... but not always, because I don't agree with them about ...... ."

Once self-reflection has developed enough, the idea of ideas manifests.

Get Americans to research and think about complex ideas? Good luck. If it's not likes and selfies most will just take anything with a grain of salt and after u walk away it will never cross their mind again. Headlines are about as far as their research goes.

You can lead someone to a book but you can't make them read it. I dunno...perhaps discussions about anything with deeper content and meaning at work might be problematic.

They have opinions. Some Evan have strong and varied opinions. I just want to help them be able to discuss them instead of splintering into groups. Treading carefully, though. You are right

Maybe make it about them. If they can't think critically then bring the thinking to a personal level so they can more readily connect to it. They are more likely to be invested if they think these topics are directly affecting them. Just an idea.

Def worth a try

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23288
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.