slug.com slug.com

12 2

Is a group of people that is self segregated better off in society

Rus-T-Balls 7 Mar 23

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It depends, I guess.

Could you perhaps rephrase the question? It doesn't make sense to me

I once read an Amish man who said they have the same problems as the English, ie. adultery, suicide, unwed pregnancies, domestic violence, etc. They probably have handicapped people, unruly children and lazy bums as well! In other words, they are human, just like the rest of us. BUT I don't know if they have alcohol or drugs problems. I visited Intercourse but only for a few hours on a quilt tour. It's beautiful country in PA.

I would have to say no. Only because at first it would be ok but then you have outsiders always wanting in....human nature is weird. Where there's barriers people or should I say mobs will ALWAYS want what the other person has. Take gated communities, they just put people above others saying we don't want you in here, well that to me is just an invitation.

The foregoing video says so very much. I, personally, feel that colleges should be places where our beliefs are challenged. Learning is a permanent change in behavior resulting from the introduction of the new experiences. Self-segregation leads to tribal behaviors because of sterility AKA the lack of introduction of new ideas and beliefs.

Am thinking cult, and that never seems to turn out too well for the lesser members, the day laborers and concubines and such. But each to their own

That's a very good question.

I would think it would depend on the society. Someone mentioned the melting pot, which imo only works when there's a common goal. If that gets blurred or distorted, as in our case, people may feel the need to splinter off just to maintain their way of life as they see it, or even for survival.

There are no new worlds to conquer here, so self segregation may be a thing of the future if we are unable to right this ship.

I think enough people, whether they identify it or not, are asking that same question to one degree or another.

@HollyLouise i think you hit the nail on the head.

The common goal WAS the freedom to live as one saw fit , and still is. Unfortunately the live & let live is a serious threat to those seeking total domination., and can be akin to the frog in the boiling pot if complacency sets in, which it clearly had for the better part of the 20th century.

What are thise 7 phases they say countries go through? Bondage to awakening, to freedom, to prosperity, to complacency, to apathy, and back to bondage? Something along those lines.

Yup

No. You are fueling identity politics when that is allowed. It turns into the ”them” against ”us” mentality. Creation of false perceptions based on lack of understanding/exposure. In the US the absolute opposite of the ”melting pot”.

Rather bold of you to call out Nickleback fans like this.

Not exactly "self", but I laughed too hard

What specifically do you mean by "self-segregated?"

I've seen a movement of different groups race, gender, sexual orientation, calling for separate dorms, graduations, that career to one group

@Rus-T-Balls Okay, taking a stab at it: My personal opinion is that if you are using politics to garner special treatment in a society, you are engaged in a form of theft, because politics require a zero-sum scenario. This means there MUST be winners and losers, and so the focus of any endeavor becomes "to win" rather than "to solve the problem." If the focus is "to win," typically there are no holds barred, ESPECIALLY the attempt to prevent other parties from having a say at all, never mind to any specific purpose. So no, I don't think political self-segregation is a good thing, not for the people so doing, and not for the victims of their doing it.

@Rus-T-Balls Did you see any vids on Brett Weinstein at his former college post as a professor? What you describe, is exactly what the little fascists aka students tried to do. The events that happened there, quite simply sickening! Green.....? University

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24323
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.