slug.com slug.com

2 1

American History Month

Should the United States have an American History Month?

Shouldn't we look back at the country's history to get a full timeline of everything from its inception all the way to the present rather than having parts of American History such as Black History Month revealing only being a portion of America's past?

With the current state America is in, I'd argue that people will look back in this era and want to recognize and understand its relevance and why the country is on the path it is on now.

I believe everything relevant in American History should be acknowledged and not limited to one thing like BHM, etc.

Any thoughts?

E-E-E 6 Mar 29

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd be more in favor of adding to the traditions around:
July 4th (Read Declaration of Independence and the preamble) [ushistory.org] [usconstitution.net]
Memorial Day (read abbreviated list of wars we've been in and why - consider family members that have served) [en.wikipedia.org]
Thanksgiving (List of things we are thankful for from national to local to family to personal)
MLK Day (read "I have a Dream" speech and discuss abolition) [archives.gov]

Not saying that's a bad idea there, I just question why we have to dedicate certain months to certain agendas etc? We should be encouraging fellow Americans to study our history as often as possible, not just for a month.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:25618
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.