slug.com slug.com

1 1

"I judge by the first day of their control over Kabul. The impressions are good. Now the situation in Kabul is better than it was under Ashraf Ghani. That is, under the Taliban terrorists it is better than under Ghani"
[colonelcassad.livejournal.com]

lawrenceblair 8 Aug 17

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It all depends on one's perspective. If personal safety of Ambassadors is the only criteria that matters, then, yes, it is better now. If on the other hand the liberty and safety of the people matters to you, well it's not so good, is it?

We gain nothing by attempting to secure the liberty and safety of the whole damn world. Hell, we ain't got it here.

@lawrenceblair I don't advocate for the job of global police. But an accurate assessment of conditions in Afghanistan requires the fact that tyranny is bad and liberty is good. I agree with the one who first used the line, "If the people of Afghanistan are not willing to fight for their liberty why should American soldiers spend their blood and effort to fight in their place?" I can be sad for them and their bad choices without being willing to be their nanny.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:257082
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.