slug.com slug.com

1 1

The dramatic change that was wrought in the Union through this horrible War – from a voluntary confederation of States to an involuntarily unified nation dominated by the Yankee ruling elite in Washington City – was admitted even by Yankees themselves. A professor at Harvard, George Ticknor, after the War was over, said, ‘It does not seem to me as if I were living in the country in which I was born.
[thesaker.is]

lawrenceblair 8 Sep 10

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ticknor was prescient. The country in which he was born died when the Democrat-led states broke from the union and left the Northern states in charge. After that war the concepts of duty to the community and self reliance slowly ebbed while the Northern concept of rugged individualism also died as the now Northern dominated Democrat party pushed an expansion of the Federal government into all aspects of public life. Now we cannot imagine living without the Federal government giving us money stolen from other people or from our great grandchildren.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:265825
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.