slug.com slug.com

7 0

What affect would the border wall have on your state?

How many of you actually live in a state where the border wall is proposed to be built? How do you think it will negatively affect your state? How will it positively effect your state? Elaborations pleas and try to reason beyond prejudice indoctrination.

CuriousFury 7 Apr 6

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Guys, it is an IRON CURTAIN. To keep redskins out. If the racism was less in this country, the people "taking advantage" of american generosity. Many here believe in free market, but can not handle labor competition.

Invest time to understand the level of immigration that we have allowed, both legal and illegal, compared to other countries. You will discover that no other country in the world has taken on the burden of the displaced and dispossessed. Also invest time to understand the vast amounts of money that our nation has invested in other countries. You will discover that no other country in the world has invested more than we have. Reflect on the fact that these are not our failures. We simply cannot take on the world's problems by overwhelming the very same system that has provided the most benefits across the globe. The only way to solve the problem is for the home countries to be changed.

I would love to, but i am not an acedemic or a chair rider behind a monitor. At the moment too busy surfing metal roofs in 90 degree heat.

Walls and fences do work. Most recently, Hungary was plagued with illegal immigrants. Then they built an electric fence topped with concertina wire. Illegal immigrants plunged 99%. An historical example is the Great Wall of China. The U.S. is a sovereign nation and our government is supposed to protect us from harm. Illegal immigration is a serious problem. As legal Americans, we have the right to know who is here and why. It's the same principle as locking your doors and windows at night. You do this to keep people from gaining entry into your home without consent. The same principle applies to a border wall. I do not see it as harmful at all. It is a safety matter and a welcome one at that. This helps reduce crime in border towns.

Given MS 13, felons who commit more felonies, and illegal cartel influence has been found not only in border states, but all over, I think the wall and giving ICE the keys to do their job, would affect all Americans

There will be wall in Texas. I guess I don't understand the question. The pros and cons mirror the country as a whole. There are lots of negatives to illegal immigration. You almost can't get work here in construction if you're white. Speaking Spanish helps, but there's a pipeline. We all pay an enormous sum for illegals in services, services perfectly legal Hispanics don't have free access to. All kinds of other issues, including tribalism and loss in voting power when they're begged to vote. Saw an article recently that said there were 95k voters on the rolls that didnt have a right to vote. I did not critique the piece. Anyway, way more...

It would be nice, but in no way a demand or an attack, to have you point a "finger" towards actual sums. As far as tribalism, yes i recognize it, i speek texican. I also belong to various tribes and am not allowed into others. I work very well with hard working men, and find it difficult to work with smartphone pavlovians. My truth unfortunately is that i have discovered that new native tribesmen in the trades are a bunch of "learn what you can and steal the rest" types. American tribalism is currently based off of political, sport community claims and birthhome.

Immigrant tribalism seems to be adoption of individuals, longsighted desires of betterment for self and abroad, carry the flickering torch of personal potential through a briar of HATRED and overcome with tribal support and commune.

I wish i could see persons tear down oir hearts walls.

How does the immigrant make YOU threatened?

At no point has texas stopped growing. Slowed at times. Opportunity abounds, but stiffnecks and ridgid poles break in oursuns pleasant sufferings. You want to be successfu in texas, you have to be flexible strong and sharphorned.

Dedication to gentlemanship tto the men around will land you a harvest, though you desires may ravage and torment.

@CuriousFury, ILLEGAL immigrant. Numbers are available. Pick a few sources and think it through. If you want me to work, show me you're willing to work too by finding some numbers yourself. Otherwise, no. I mean, right? Had a hard time in a couple of places picking up your meaning. Does your heart have walls?

@chuckpo well i used pew about 11 years ago as well as every federal agency number i could find as i spent a summer semester taking one class and i focussed the semester on writing assignments on imigrarion. Very enlightening 3months of research as obama ran for office thumping the podiums on the immigration issueall summer. I was curious and realized i didnt know much on immigration and the budget tallies and spiderwebs of agencies versus the actual numbers of assistances estimated. my research paper completed just weeks before the economy collapse for bush.

11 years of national prosperity since. Now another guy thumping the podium, essentially charming snakes out of our inner baskets.

Man, texas is growing. Corporations are stealing the jobs. Not immigrants. I used to ride my bicycle down a 2way highway access road from georgetown to roundrock and back as a teenager just to visit the bicycle shop for a new waterbottle or bar extention.The access roads are four lane one way" parking lots "now.
Times are changing. Gtown had a population of 12000 on itssigns in 1994. Whats the population now? 100,000?
There are more than 150 people moving to austin metopolis a day. And the 150ish corporate neighborhoods are struggling to put roofs over their heads.

You can't break into the work because the system is so mechenized and the laborpool is fish in a barrrel or a dime a dozen.

All those neighborhoods and apptmnts highways schools and infrastructure arent being built to deliver foodstamps to mailboxes

Many say it will effect Michigans economy i have to admit i am more concerned about the Nation as a whole. If we don't stay a Nation we are doomed to NWO.

It should be put at Guatemala and make them all much bigger

I say "WALL THE RED RIVER" and the rio grande north of el paso. THE FRIENDSHIP STATE doesnt need the hatred here. Go back to your home states and tell them" texas says no thankyou. We have a heritage to maintain and we don't need your fly by nighters coming down here bulldozing our trees and poisoning our waters for a pocket full of cotton paper

no hatred purely greed

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28038
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.