slug.com slug.com

3 0

Government pay

Who thinks that senators and congressmen should have their pay reduced to 50K ayear or less?

Dutch 6 Apr 6

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The salary is the least of the problems. Give them their current salaries, but no benefits, and make it a felony to accept an other kind of "gift", speaking fees, etc. You will see an exodus from D.C. you can't imagine.

if you read the constitution, they are not to receive ANY pay. they work 13 weeks of the year which is 1/4 of the year. the other 3/4 they are supposed to work regular jobs. the constitution say they are to receive a SMALL stipence to cover their travel expence back and forth to Washington D.C.

The pay is peanuts. We need to remove their ability to tax income

actually income tax is unconstitutional, it was started in either 1912 or 13 to pay for WW 1 and was supposed to last 6 months. when they discovered what a cash cow they had tapped into they kept it going...

@Dutch it is not unconstitutional, the progressives passed the 16th amendment in 1913, prior to our entry into WWI, allowing the federal government to collect tax on income.

@Dutch that said, the amendment needs to be repealed.

I just pulled out my copy of the constitution and stand corrected... I guess my memory isn't what it used to be.

as much trouble they cause for the rest of us.... 4 sure

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28177
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.