slug.com slug.com

1 1

Kind of an interesting article.

[getpocket.com]

FrankZeleniuk 8 Nov 2

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nobel Laureate Dr. Roger Penrose proposed that consciousness emanates not from the synapses of the brain, but from the electrons that jump between the synapses of the brain. We've already heard that in double slit experiments, electrons exhibit proto-sentience by behaving differently whether they are being observed or not. Our consciousness may be more connected to the Quantum Field than we realize, and more at one with creation. Could our brains be nothing more than complex interfaces between our Quantum Field-sourced consciousness and our bodies?

Did the double-slit experiment determine that, observed, the electron acts like a particle and, unobserved acts like a wave?

@FrankZeleniuk I think you should read up on what those who did the experiments found out.

@eschatologyguy When I read up on it that's what I found.

Sentient electrons? Synapses of the brain? C'mon man. They are not the source of anything.

@FrankZeleniuk So if the brain is blank as your article says, what does it mean?

@eschatologyguy Well...perhaps the brain is not the mind. Maybe if someone looks at the brain it becomes a particle and when no one looks at it is a wave. I don't know you'll have to ponder on it. Let me know what you come up with.

@FrankZeleniuk If your posted article is true, then we're all empty-headed.

@eschatologyguy It has been said that minds do wander.

@FrankZeleniuk I don't know if you've seen this, but if you haven't, it's interesting.

You won't find "proto-sentient" electrons here. I said that to describe what they observed. And as for the synapses thing, that was Penrose's theory on Quantum consciousness.

@eschatologyguy Interesting. Thanks.

Quantum Mechanics is, I think, getting close to some answers about the origins of the universe.

The social sciences seem to have gone way off track in understanding life. They will not gain much studying electrons and neural synapses.

@FrankZeleniuk I am a scientifically-inclined Christian. What most Christians see as the spiritual realm or "heavenlies" I see as hyperspaces, space with more than 3 dimensions. Lots of passages in the bible that allude to it, in my view. Quantum Field-sourced consciousness does not end with the end of the physical body - it just goes back to where it came from. That is my personal view. And I'm not making this idea up. Scientists are talking about it.

@eschatologyguy I see. Well, as stated in the original article, several metaphors developed over our existence as we evolved. The original being that man was formed from clay which the spirit embodied. Going from there to a hydraulic machine...and on, until the present where consciousness is compared to a computer. These are simply metaphors...the same as religions, used to understand our existence and organize a continuum.
Physics kind of gets lost in the vernacular and the math but the way they seemed to have progressed is they now are able to predict many things but in doing so seem to be creating the present. In other words they are no longer making metaphors and predicting the future, they are creating it, in a self- fulfilling prophecy. For example, mathematically and theoretically there must be black holes. Voila, we found a black hole. There is dark energy and dark matter. Voila, we found a particle of dark energy.
Personally, I think this right now. In the double slit experiment they have observed that an electron behaves like a wave until observed, after which it behaves like a particle. What can be concluded from that? Could it be that everything is a vibration and is formed into particles upon observation thus forming the individual's reality? Just an avenue of speculation but fits with your concept of the spiritual realm and hyperspaces. Obviously, there are gaps in this concept but as I say it is an avenue of speculation.

@FrankZeleniuk Metaphors reign where mysteries reside.

@eschatologyguy Quantum physics is only the latest metaphor replacing the computer metaphor. So where are we now? We need a good definition of space and time. They can throw the space-time continuum in the circular file in my opinion.

@FrankZeleniuk We're all looking for clues and hints as to what's really going on. You might also find this video - on the short history of man's endeavour to find this very thing out - interesting.

Stephen Meyer Discusses the Big Bang, Einstein, Hawking, & More - Science Uprising Expert Interviews

@eschatologyguy That was interesting. Getting a timeline of different concepts.

The argument of Stephen Meyer is that there is a beginning and a consciousness is necessary to have created it. A believer in intelligent design and yes, I agree.

Still time is missing out of the equation. They believe that time is linear and something that just continues along with space and matter and it's all a continuum.

We don't have the theory of everything yet.

@FrankZeleniuk Time had a beginning. So does space and everything else. We may not realize it, but time is a physical property, just like space, mass, etc. That's why Hawkings erred when he said "a Creator could not have existed before the Big Bang because there was no time yet." The creator of time would not be needing time to exist. That's just using basic logic. Time is linear to us living inside time. Eternity is not having plenty of time, it is being outside of time altogether. Outside of creation, as it were.

@eschatologyguy I believe you are correct in saying Hawkings erred when he said "a creator could not have existed before the big bang because there was no time". The word "exist" suggests time so a creator would not exist, so to speak but just a "creator" or "prime mover" with perhaps existence but no persistence - it just "is". Unfortunately, using the word "is", is also a reference in time. as soon as something "is" the concept of time is born. It's hard to get away from it since it is outside of time altogether.

I rather disagree that time is a physical property. It is only a mental concept, an idea that something exists and persists and, secondarily, it is a measurement of motion between objects, and that's it. When we look for a creator we see nothing. the creator or "prime mover" is also a concept from a human or spiritual perspective. I agree, time is linear to us living inside time.

Here are some questions for you.

If, as you say, and as quantum physics suggests, there are multiple universes, then is there a prime mover or creator for every universe? Why would a creator have more than one universe or two or a quadrillion? No matter the number it would all be the same creator and thus part of the same universe meaning there is essentially only the one universe. Is it possible there is a creator for each universe? From a monotheistic perspective this idea is heresy. But wouldn't a different universe imply a different creator? Why is there a barrier of awareness between universes for us humans? Do you see another universe? We only theorize they exist. There seems to be be no connection between them that we have discovered.

It is sacrilegious to consider more than one creator. The creator is a concept to each of us as individuals and together we hold a common concept. An atheist would not hold this concept and for us the idea of no creator would have us asking each other what planet this guy thinks he is living on. A different universe, perhaps? One that ends with the death of his body. Poor fellow.

@FrankZeleniuk Physicists themselves say that time did not exist yet before the Big Bang. The concept of "no time" is an idea many people find difficult to wrap their heads around. I say this with no disrespect. My own pastor believes God has lots of time. What the bible is saying is that He resides outside of time (Isaiah 57:15). We live in a universe with a finite amount of time. It's a huge amount, but it's finite. It had a beginning and one day it will have an ending.

If you were outside of time, you would be able to see the past, present and future simultaneously (Einstein himself said that time is but a stubborn "illusion" ). I believe this is the reason why the Creator has the unique ability to know things and events long before they happen. One could argue that the contents of the bible has extra-terrestial origins (not "alien" but out of the universe altogether). This is another concept that is difficult to grasp, even if Physicists give us the allusion to this by voicing out their observation that our universe is like a giant simulation, a giant hologram. And its even in digital format. It's quantized.

And that's where the Creator puts His credibility on the line, so to speak, by the accuracy of the prophecies that He gives to His prophets to write down. And they are accurate. Cyrus was so impressed by the scroll of Isaiah - which named him by name - which Daniel presented to him when he conquered Babylon without killing one Babylonian soldier. Even his method of conquest was depicted in Isaiah's prophecy: that he would drain the Euphrates which fed the defensive moat around the city (he actually had his men reroute the river). Cyprus was so impressed that he allowed the Jews living in captivity in Babylon to go home (with gold to boot for the rebuilding expense) and rebuild the temple Nebuchadnezzar destroyed some 7 decades earlier. And - get this - Isaiah wrote about Cyrus two centuries before he was even born. Hundreds of other specific prophecies were given and fulfilled back in OT times. Among them was the mathematical prophecy of Daniel 9:25, which gave the exact date of Messiah's formal visit when he rode into Jerusalem on a donkey's foal on April 6, 32AD, 69 weeks of years (483 years or 173,880 days) from the decree of Artaxerxes (given by the Mede king on March 14, 445BC - he was a vasal of Cyrus) in Babylon that the rest of the remaining Jews could home a rebuild the city. Messiah held the Jews accountable to know about this Dan 9:25 prophecy in Luke.

Fast forward to 1948, the year the state of Israel was reistablished (also prophesied in a number of OT passages). Now the kicker really about it is this: Messiah decreed that those who witnessed the reistablishment of political Israel will not all die out until we see the Great Tribulation come to pass, complete with a 3 and a half year period of false peace, after which "all hell breaks loose" as they say. During this time, a global war will happen. We are told half the global population will die (in Zach and Rev). And all the other stuff mentioned in Matt 24. Its been about 73 years now from 1948. How long does a human live? 80? 90? A hundred?

@eschatologyguy

If you were outside of time, you would be able to see the past, present and future simultaneously (Einstein himself said that time is but a stubborn "illusion" )

Right. A stubborn "illusion" . To say if we were outside of time we would be able to see the past, present and future simultaneously, is to say that all of existence has occurred and thus there is no self-determinism. We need not do anything because what will be is what has already been. The beginning and the end are already in existence. There is no forever and ever. Amen.

Other than envisioning the past and future, only the present exists empirically. Only the present can be observed. The past, to me, is a memory and the future is conjecture. What occurs in my future is dependent upon my decisions, the choices I make. It hasn't already occurred, in other words.

Certainly, prophesy is possible, predicting the future. Doing so loses precision the further it gets into the future. But I'm of the opinion that all futures are probable. I think looking into the past to predict the future depends a lot on the interpretation of what is prophesied. Did Nostradamus step out of time? A lot of people believe he correctly predicted many things if you interpret them "properly". I don't, particularly see that.

@FrankZeleniuk the future is determined by decisions in the present. There is no contradiction. Foreknowledge does not mean our decisions are predetermined for us. God intervenes when necessary, like when Jonah tried to escape his assigned task. Free will is present at all times. "In His image" means we have His free will as well.

Nostradamus, by the way, was not His. Why do I say this? He says nothing about Him.

@eschatologyguy > the future is determined by decisions in the present.

Agreed.

Foreknowledge and predetermined both contain a degree of uncertainty as "the future is determined by decisions in the present." The only way that the past, present and future can be viewed simultaneously is if they had already all occurred, that is, were established fact.

@FrankZeleniuk or that His intervention came into play to make it happen. You should check out an interesting concept developed by a 16th century Spanish clergyman named Molina. The concept, called Molinism, was named after him.

@eschatologyguy OK. Thanks.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:283080
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.