slug.com slug.com

7 3

LINK Jordan Peterson and panelists explain why Faith Goldy was uninvited from Free Speech event - YouTube

Its an older clip but worth posting to get some others views on this. personally Im disappointed with both Peterson and Gaad on this. They caved to the regressive sjws. as long as we cave to them they will win. imho this was unacceptable. thoughts? refutes?

rodneyblue 7 Apr 8

Be part of the movement!

Welcome to the community for those who value free speech, evidence and civil discourse.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wow! How disappointing each one of them was. I'm most disappointed in Peterson and Saad because I'm familiar with them. This was a whole lot of rationalization of a decision that they KNEW was WRONG. They used the spurious argument that Faith didn't act properly as a journalist and that they needed to protect the venue from Leftists disruption. They basically conceded to every argument that the social media giants and Leftists criticism that censored them or labeled them as right wing extremists.
They admit to realizing the irony but that doesn't stop them from caving to the irony. They allowed outside forces to make their decision for them.
They owe Faith an apology a mia culpa, We have sinned. Please forgive us. They told her that she wasn't one of them, not quite in their league.
This is a stain on their position of leadership in the IDW community that they started. Sometimes our leaders are shown to have feet of clay.

I just had a look around the daily stormer website, headlines with terms like "Colored subhuman..." and "imagine choosing a nigger over your own family". It is a racially needlessly antagonistic forum with some token disclaimer about non violence. I am not surprised she was uninvited. While the terms racist and other 'ists' are thrown around too easily today, this website is where it is justified.

This is a serious panel of respectful thinkers opting not to undermine the content of their important talk with the presence of someone who surprised them by getting involved with nazis - and again in this instance that term is not unfair.

And of crucial importance I think, is that when someone does appear on the daily stormer and is therefore seen as sympathetic to their clearly nazi views, that would then further the damaging assumption that free speech is becoming an excuse to broadcast far right wing views. That really would not be good, as to win any battle for free speech, plenty on the left need to be onside too, and plenty always have been and still are, but they won't be if it becomes too conflated with far right outright hate.

If she couldn't look around that website, with headings like "Race War" and the "Jewish Problem;" and see that it is about the most hateful corner of the internet you can find and that therefore associating oneself with such views paints a worrying picture of oneself to their audience , then it is her problem if not only she is uninvited from speaking engagements, but her career suffers too.

She has had no infringement of her free speech and can say whatever she wants, just not there and then on that stage. Presence at pretty much every event on any topic anywhere in the world comes with some caveats, whereby if you cross whatever line, you might not get to participate.

We wouldn't invite a Stalinist communist to a free speech event, I see no reason either to invite someone who gave the panel plenty of reasons to suspect she is a fascist (I am not saying she is - I really don't know much about her - just that she gave them a that conundrum by her involvement with them).

The Streisand effect: I have subscribed to the Faith Goldy YouTube channel.

I don't all the drama about this, when creating a panel you have to careful about who is on that panel so that it goes in a productive direction and doesn't get bogged down by a dynamic with one of the people.
There were LOTS of people to consider inviting on the panel and it's a careful decision.
Faith Goldy was uninvited due to some of the drama she has created and they didn't want that to seep into their panel discussion and distract from a greater conversation.

Hopefully they will include Faith Goldy in future discussions but this is a rational decision and not about throwing her under the bus or caving to the SJWs.

I would have been happy to see Faith Goldy included and a little disappointed she was not there nit I totally get why and not blaming anyone or creating more drama than is necessary.

Very happy with the responses, I would like to add that while Jordan says she could have asked some better questions, so since she didnt we decided to bar her. (yes not all he said but its a summary), wasn't she the only journalist on the panel? the fact that she has been attacked and vilified should have been a ticket to speak. its funny that they said they didnt want the talk shut down, well they've all dealt with the crazy sjws protesting their events and such before, why did they care about this one so much? hmmm anyway, keep em coming, curious what other arguments there may be that I or others haven't thought of. 🙂 thx

Yes, I went to several sources, none of the fake media. Yes, she bills herself as a journalist and political commentator, among other things. And yes, I watched the interview, if you can call it that, that got her fired by Rebel Media. Then I went and watched a few of her videos.

First the video that got her fired. Was that really an interview? Sounded more like an NPR gabfest where the interviewer and the interviewee sit and pat each other on the back. Hardly professional journalism, might as watch Rachael Madcow.

Her videos are hardly earth shaking commentary. She pontificates and little more. I am of the opinion after hearing and seeing her that she is greatly in love with the sound of her own voice. Sorry boys and girls, you love her, you keep her, waste of my time.

Was she thrown under the bus? No, she created her persona and must now live with it. When the one who funded the panel appearence and had to reschedule once because of threats of shutdown (meaning that money would have been down the tubes and no panel held if she was a member) then accusing everybody and their brother of being in on the great conspiracy is out of line. I bothered to listen to a good number of videos on the whole thing and it all boils down to one thing. The students wanted a panel debate and didn't want it shut down due one person's appearence. Sorry boys and girls, this whining just won't wash, in my opinion.

this line kinda bothers me, "...she created her persona and must now live with it. " what exactly do you mean by that? sounds an awful like some kind you didnt tow the line so its all your fault we are silencing you, is that right? what persona did she create to deserve such treatment? looking forward to the response.

Caving in to the SJWs is a sign of Islam aka a sign Submission are you a Islamist aka a Submissive person

@rodneyblue Public actions create a public persona, can't make it more simple. I took the time to read about her background which included eduction, work experience, political involvements, and now her personally created role as a social and political commentator. Yes, she crafted her own public persona and did it in a deliberate manner. What is not to understand? Where Dr Peterson did not set out to be a public figure other than university professor and researcher and now finds himself by dent of public opposition the Canada's government stupidity a public figure and commentator, the latter event of becoming a public speaker on psychology, social problems, and even religion was not that of the doctrinaire indulging creating a public persona as it is the result of attempting to help many who are unsure about themselves and their role in society. Compare his university lectures on personality, religion, and a couple of other topics and see that he has remained the professor lecturing to a much wider audience.

As to what I see as responses to my original post, well, Mr Rodney posted a video that he purports to show shamefull behavior and then asked for comments. Perhaps he shold have put a disclaimer that only those comments that agreed with his interpretation should be allowed. It is a click-bait post that attempts to provoke. Do I care what others think of my post or my person? Not in the least. You want free speech, you got it. Ms Goldy has her forum and her followers and her fans, seemd good to me. I listened to what she had to say and she is a bit limited in subject matter for my taste, but to those who would hang on her every phrase, good for them. Back in the days of my early youth I thought William F Buckley was god. Then I discovered other political theorists, both left and right, and my opinions of such gods brought them down to the level of mere mortals grew as I educated my self.

Our own actions have personal consequences, sometime public consequences. Learning this thruth is learning to be responsible for one's actions. So that is where I leave this discussion.

@Marta-Amance same thing goldy did. saw some trouble in the polictical climate and starting shraing her views about it. I will NOT virtue signal anything for anyone. this entire site is to generate open and honest discussion and debate.something of which you clearly don't want demanding I post a disclosure.. thank you for clearly identifiying yourself as a crazy woke sjw.

I have no knowledge of Faith Goldy, I have only the explaination by the four on the panel in question of why she was removed from consideration for bing on that panel. What I heard from those four was their questioning of her competence to be a journalist. This was not censorship of her views, political or personal, but a judgment on her ability to ask hard questions in relationship to what those four individuals conceive journalistic competence to be.

Not to pile on, but look her up, as a suggestion?
YouTube has a couple of videos, on both what she was condemned for and her response to being black listed. At very least might help with understanding the comments here. I agree she was totally thrown under the bus by the panel, sad.

@Slavey since you were there, can you tell us what the over all crowd response and mumblings were. about this.if any. if you recall that is. thanks in advance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28608
Slug does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.